Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it all done this weekend, very easy ( except for axle bolt debacle ) swap over. Also installed the Cree headlight that's been sitting in my garage for a few months. Along with the Ness saddlebag hinge covers and License Plate frame:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Kick-ass looking XC you built there @sep1006 thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
That is one beautiful XC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the compliments on the bike. I don't know why they don't come stock with the 21" as it fits the style of the bike so much better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks good! I have a 21" on my Breakout that's what they come with. Love the look and feel.

How do you like how the bike handles? I see you also dropped the rear, the 21" and the drop I bet slows the steering down a bit with the increase in rake and trail. Going from my HD 21" wheel and raked out frontend to the XC smaller wheel and steeper steering makes the XC feel very "quick" in the steering. Takes a little getting used to switching back and forth. Will say testing the XC it seems really stable, hands off decelerating from 60 no shake or wander, tracked just fine.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! I have a 21" on my Breakout that's what they come with. Love the look and feel.

How do you like how the bike handles? I see you also dropped the rear, the 21" and the drop I bet slows the steering down a bit with the increase in rake and trail. Going from my HD 21" wheel and raked out frontend to the XC smaller wheel and steeper steering makes the XC feel very "quick" in the steering. Takes a little getting used to switching back and forth. Will say testing the XC it seems really stable, hands off decelerating from 60 no shake or wander, tracked just fine.

To tell you the truth I didn't notice any difference in the handling at all. I had a VTX before this and installed a 6* rake and dropped the rear 2" on that. Could really tell the before / after there but not with the 21". Not quite as drastic.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When you put a 21" front wheel on the XC, do you have to adjust or do anything to the triple tree?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you put a 21" front wheel on the XC, do you have to adjust or do anything to the triple tree?
No and it's a super easy job even if you have minimal mechanical skills. WD has a video on his site if you need guidance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks great.
I ordered the Magnum wheel off ebay to save a several $ and its been almost 2 weeks and i'm still waiting for it and the fender to show up.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great.
I ordered the Magnum wheel off ebay to save a several $ and its been almost 2 weeks and i'm still waiting for it and the fender to show up.
I looked at buying everything separate as well but the deal at Witchdoctors was way better for me. Plus when you get the wheel it has the bearings, tire and dyna-beads all ready to go. Just put the spacers in and install.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you have to put a different fender on?

·
Registered
103 Posts
How about the headlight? Did you have to lower it?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I barely escaped buying a 21" setup the last time this thread was posted......now it s back :crzy:

The 21" wheel is an awesome fit on the XC, it balances the front end better with the big bags.....your bikes' look amazing thumb up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts