Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the bag fillers ( there for sale in the classifieds ) and installed the chrome backrest and luggage rack today. It really completed the look of the bike to me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic 2 side shot

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Removed the bag fillers ( there for sale in the classifieds ) and installed the chrome backrest and luggage rack today. It really completed the look of the bike to me!
Makes it look longer -- nice looking bike!

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Your Magnum looks great. really love the forged front bars as well.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
OMG, you still have a vertical license plate! A click on the first link in my signature will cure that eyesore and improve the lines of your bike.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Beutiful bike!
I'm glad you went with the Forged bars!
Really completes the look and brings us back to what started all the talk about the look of the Crossbikes in the first place.
Well done!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Very good looking setup p.hunt thumb up

I spotted your Drag Specialties seat....I've seen a few threads with members asking about these on the cross bikes. What's opinion?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the things that drew me to the Cross Bikes was the forged bars I love the one of a kind design of them nothing else looks like it! It was the first added to the bike the moment it got home!

As for the Drag Specialties seat It is by far the best seat I have ever owned!!! It almost completely fixed my low speed handling issues I was having on my Cross Roads. Sounds fishy I know but I think by lowering the seat hight a bit moving you forward a bit and having much more lower back support it just planted me on the bike. The wife loves the rear portion of the seat too shaped just right for her and her but doesn't hurt or fall asleep any more on long rides 4hrs+.

But wait there's more! Lol ! The solar reflective leather sounds kinda gimmicky but let me tell you to is an extreme diffrence, my wife jumped on after the bike sitting in the 100* sun and no problem warm not scalding. Then she leaned back on the factory backrest and it was hot as ****!! I'm going to try and get some more of that material and recover the backrest.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I agree with everything the OP said about the DS seat except, depending on the modeled, low doesn't mean low. The predator models (like the OP has) lower you 1" from the OEM seat however the touring models (like I have) state that they lower you 1" but actually don't. The issue I see with the touring models is that they are about 1" wider at the front than the OEM seat which means that people with short legs or thick thighs may find that their feet don't sit on the ground the same way they do with the OEM seat. Basically if your butt is closer to the ground but your legs are further apart your feet could be the same distance or further away from the ground depending on your build.
That said I liked the OEM seat and find the DS seat slightly better because the rise at the back of the seat is more comfortable. My wife really likes the DS seat because it is almost 6" wider than the narrow back OEM seat and is slightly dished while the OEM is slightly humped.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Wow! You've done great things with that bike. Magnum is so much about style, compared to a base XC. You've put the function back into it (back rest, real windshield), added back the best of the XC (forged bars) and a really cool seat. That is one fantastic bike.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the same seat as you Ammo umb (updated sig)
I sent the Predator back not enough padding for the wife.

And yes it's lower and wider it does make your legs spread wider to touch the ground but it's worth it!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
How did the wife like the OEM Magnum seat? I'm thinking about getting one and when I showed the bike to the wife she sat on the back of the seat and said it was really uncomfortable.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nice to know that the only thing preventing a normal lock n ride backrest install are those cosmetic fillers. There's just no way the Magnum would fly in my household without it.

I have not had her sit on one- so I don't REALLY know- but the stock seat just doesn't look comfy for a passenger. The backrest is the ONLY reason she tolerates my Judge, lol..

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She never sat on the stock Magnum seat.
I took my DS off my Cross Roads the moment I got home and put the Magnum seat on the Cross Roads before I gave it to my dad.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Wow! You've done great things with that bike. Magnum is so much about style, compared to a base XC. You've put the function back into it (back rest, real windshield), added back the best of the XC (forged bars) and a really coos seat. That is one fantastic bike.
I have too agree.....
and thanks for the seat info p.hunt

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree also...looks VERY cool...but I am a "Lone" rider. Wife LETS me go whenever I want ;)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts