Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with my adapters from vtwin audio. Everything looked ok until I put the fairing back on. Dang things are too tall! The guys at vtwin audio are trying to help. They say they've installed hundreds with no problems. I sent them pictures and i was told they look right....any thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need to make sure the spacers are offsetting the speakers down and in towards the center of the bike. I can't tell by the pics if that's the way you have them. Mine went in perfectly. Bought from VTwin as well.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I was sent the wrong ones? They only seem to line up in one of two ways and I tried both

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe. I test fitted the spacer without speakers, then with speakers. They came with a piece of tape that said "front"? Might try flipping them over. The idea is to make sure they push the speakers down and in. It seems like your speakers are in, but up instead of down. Right and left might be reversed as well. It's hard to tell from pics.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
We shaved the top off the adapter (flattened it) just a little and all was good.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Whew. Glad you got it. Now please tell us what you think of the Titans and how they compare to what you had.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm starting to wonder if i got the wrong parts. For those of you who bought the vtwin adapters...did they look like this...

FYI I am showing the same two parts on both sides....not four different parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I wished I could tell you. I did mine over a year ago and I just remember that we had to shave the top off so that the fairing would fit back on the bike. I can't provide any more info than that for now...until I crack the fairing next time.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wished I could tell you. I did mine over a year ago and I just remember that we had to shave the top off so that the fairing would fit back on the bike. I can't provide any more info than that for now...until I crack the fairing next time.
Do you remember if you had to put any pieces together before you put the adapters on to the bike?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
No, I don't remember us having to put pieces together before we installed. I wished I could help more, but I just don't remember.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, I don't remember us having to put pieces together before we installed. I wished I could help more, but I just don't remember.
no problem thanks for the info that you could give me. looks like I'm going for the grinder!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'm sure you probably checked this. Are they on the correct side left and right? Mine fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
According to Brian from vtwin audio they are in exactly like they should be and he is puzzled. So after a few emails and phone calls the decision was made to get out the grinder. And although I was pretty nervous it did work pretty well. Cant say l like the look but it's not like anyone is ever gonna see it. Now if it stops raining (day 12?) maybe I can try them out!

I would like to say that Brian from vtwin audio has been pretty helpful and offered to warranty everything even if I screwed it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts