Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Install was pretty simple, The adjusting however was what took the longest. I am definitely going to have to get the wind deflectors. The buffering at highway speeds is pretty ridiculous.

Hopefully i wont needs lowers. Anybody else experiance the buffeting?

i adjusted the fairing every which way to help but no dice. I went with a 6.5 spoiler windshield and its perfect.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Looks fantastic , although buffeting can be a bear to remedy . Some trial and error and you will get it sorted . cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
The Victory lowers will help with the wind. You may also notice the batwing brackets will start to shift as your speed increases. I have found that the wind pressure is just too great on just two brackets. We mounted Batwing fairings on both our Kingpins and find that they do a much better job at wind protection than just the windshield. I ended up modifing the batwing mount system by adding an addition bracket in the middle of the two then tying them together with a aluminum 1 inch x 1/8 inch strap. That way they act as one and keep the sheild in place. I can provide pictures if needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Victory lowers will help with the wind. You may also notice the batwing brackets will start to shift as your speed increases. I have found that the wind pressure is just too great on just two brackets. We mounted Batwing fairings on both our Kingpins and find that they do a much better job at wind protection than just the windshield. I ended up modifing the batwing mount system by adding an addition bracket in the middle of the two then tying them together with a aluminum 1 inch x 1/8 inch strap. That way they act as one and keep the sheild in place. I can provide pictures if needed.
I havent experianced any shifting of the brackets yet. I did however order the memphis shades lowers to try and get the buffetting situated. I did get the deflectors for the batwing and that helped a lot. but still not perfect.

Post up the pics so i can see what u did

·
Premium Member
13,056 Posts
Those MS lowers will help a lot. There used to be someone who made some to fit the MS brackets but were longer and fit better (on the X-Country). They worked fine on my KP too though along with a standard windshield. I'd rather have the MS Batwing though for both looks and better protection.

We have a few members who would rather chew sandpaper than use wind protection and that's fine. Different strokes...

·
Registered
30 Posts
looks good!

it looks great, hope you get rid of the buffeting. what is more important, looks and tunes, or function? I hope the fairing stays. I had a problem on my jackpot with a fairing. I had to go without a flip windshield and just go with a short windshield. good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I installed the lowers. Im not gonna lie, its not the best looking thing. I have not gone on a ride yet. If they dont work im going to burn them. If they do ill be happy. I bought all this stuff for the long rides. I usually just go stock for in town bar hops.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts