Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking over ebay for some deals I came across a 2010 XC with a Vic 2-1 pipe installed. I emailed the owner and he said it was initially made for the Kingpin but he made a bracket so it would fit the XC.

I think this is the hot ticket.....why spend 900 for a Bassani pipe when you can get a Vic 2-1 to bolt right up with a bracket

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Victory-Cross-Country-sport-touring-touring-crusier-black-2into1-exhaust-/150831125816?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item231e3c5538#v4-42

·
Registered
554 Posts
Seems like it wouldn't be hard to make any of the pipes that fit other Victory bikes work. That particular pipe needs a turn down tip or to be extended so it doesn't dump under the bag but otherwise cool.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Couple of thoughts......
1] The bags are now supported only by the quick release pins, and can no longer carry any signifigant weight

2] I'll bet money that the stock head pipe with good mufflers; will outperform that 2-1. Fact is that nobody has made a better performing pipe thus far

·
Registered
372 Posts
2] I'll bet money that the stock head pipe with good mufflers; will outperform that 2-1. Fact is that nobody has made a better performing pipe thus far
Are you refering to the stock headpipe here vs the one that would come with the 2/1? Also, what about S1 mufflers with stock headpipe? Just curious. Had mine dyno'd a week ago with S1 and strip removed and it did 87/101. Not sure if that's about right or I should be disappointed.

(Thread)
Also, how does the bike look from the other side with no pipe? I know that was a big issue with the Harley crowd when Harley tried a 2 into 1 on baggers (I think '09, somebody correct me if wrong) and they ended up going right back to duals.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
There are a few pictures on the ebay ad in the link and one shows the left side. Another one of the pictures in the group shows a rear shot and the bag gaps look off which means KevinX is correct and the bottom of the bags are no longer supported.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well a little more fabrication and you would be able to support the bags. The bracket that the Bassani pipes use would not be hard to duplicate.

40xc I got almost exactly the same performance with the same modifications. My A/F was terrible however with just the Stage 1 ECU. Purchased a new exhaust and going to add a PCV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts