Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Crossroads with 17,000 miles.
I bought it used at 15,000 miles and the factory pipes had been gutted but no other mods. I have removed those pipes and put on RCX slip ons. I have disconnected the O2s.
I have ordered a Lloydz adjustable timing wheel and air filter and a PC5 which i will put on. Not doing the PC auto tune. The plan is to then ride it over (about 20 miles) to have it dyno'd.

Should I go ahead and set the timing wheel to a 4 degree advance? Will the bike function enough to get it to the dyno? (this is my biggest concern). Haven't seen this addressed anywhere. THANK YOU for helping me learn more!

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
There's only one way to find that out. I can't say, having never been where you're at.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I would try 4° to start with and you should be fine to ride it the 20 miles to the dyno shop. If you get detonation (ping) then just take it easy and mention it to the dyno operator...

·
Registered
168 Posts
The air filter is going to lean it out a lot more then the wheel. What map is in the PCV? If you need a map download one from Dynojet. They are way rich, you will be fine riding 20 miles.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
premium recommended

in lloydz instructions you see premium fuel is recommended. as you know the timing wheel effects timing from start to finish. the power commander will not adjust timing under 2,000 rpm if i remember correctly. i run +6 on my hammer in Pa with 93 octane always. hotter temps that you prolly see will cause pinging sooner as will riding double + xtra cargo lbs. properly done dyno tuning using the power commander is best. i opted for the adjustable dobeck gen 4 AFR+ with AFR gauge, good fueling control but no timing adjustment that can enhance power + economy, no dyno tune. my hammie already has more balls than I!!!!

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
20 miles you will be fine just watch for ping like already stated. Disconnecting O2 for just pipes is good rule of thumb if you were only doing pipes. Changing air in needs more fuel. The O2 disconnect will give you a bit more fuel but not what is needed...and even making it a bit richer it is still lean by fueling standards. A good tuner will run your before numbers and adjust the wheel accordingly. The timing wheel adjusts timing through the full rpm range whereas the pc5 software can do above 2500 rpm

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
As everyones said, youll be fine as long as you don't fang it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts