Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 4 weeks of searching I finally Found a new Tach kit for my 07 Kingpin and plan on putting it on tonight. Looks pretty straight forward. Hope there's no surprises.

·
Super Moderator
4,989 Posts
Put one on my 04 Vegas it's simple.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
After about 4 weeks of searching I finally Found a new Tach kit for my 07 Kingpin and plan on putting it on tonight. Looks pretty straight forward. Hope there's no surprises.
Plug and play, you'll find the empty plug inside the headlight, great addition, nice to know the revs on these things.
Mine also gained me a green O/D light so I know I'm in sixth.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, all done except putting the Windshield back on. Did run into 1 problem with the rubber isolator that screws onto the tree. The first one screwed right off but when I went to take the 2nd one off it wouldn't budge. I grabbed it with a pliers and twisted it right in half. Got the dremmel tool out and cut down the rest of the bushing and then carefully got on the the other half with a screwdriver and hammer and tapped it counter clockwise till it finally started to come loose. What a pain in the Ass. Took it out for a spin and everything's working good including the OD Light.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Well, all done except putting the Windshield back on. Did run into 1 problem with the rubber isolator that screws onto the tree. The first one screwed right off but when I went to take the 2nd one off it wouldn't budge. I grabbed it with a pliers and twisted it right in half. Got the dremmel tool out and cut down the rest of the bushing and then carefully got on the the other half with a screwdriver and hammer and tapped it counter clockwise till it finally started to come loose. What a pain in the Ass. Took it out for a spin and everything's working good including the OD Light.
Ahh,so you do have OD on an 07 Pin, after I wrote I thought early Vic's only 5 speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts