Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '05 Kingpin does not have Stage 1 but I have ordered a kit. Just wondering if anyone knows if I will have any issues installing this myself? I was hoping to install the air box, air filter and pipes myself and then take the bike to the dealer for them to remap the fuel. Any input would be appreciated.

Also wondering if anyone has any suggestions for putting music on my bike. I am looking at external mounted speakers as I don't want to go with a headset. Any suggestions on speakers to use? I have looked at HogTunes and saw some there but would value any thoughts from other Victory owners.

·
13,188 Posts
Use new exhaust gaskets. Check bolts after exhaust has a couple hours on it. Use anti seize on all bolts
Did you check the sell form for handlebar speakers or craigslist

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
If you're serious about putting tunes on your KP; think about a fairing. It's about the only way you will get decent sounds without using a headset. Even a Memphis Shades batwing fairing/shield with bullet speakers and an amp somewhere will work much better than just the bullet speakers.

The Stage 1 kit is commonly done the way you described doing it. Just don't ride very far to get to the dealer. Make sure they have what you need in stock. I'm not sure but they may need to order the card or key or whatever their way of doing it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts