Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install the Lloydz air box. I remove the seat and gas tank, is there more to do to get to it ? Can I slice it out along it's seams with a knive from there ?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
A pvc cable saw is the tool you will want to cut the airbox out, I suppose you could use a dremel if you want as well.

2012 Hammer 8 ball

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NOW, as I sit and wait for the Lloydz air box and VFC3 to arrive on monday - is there anything I need to think on or consider ? Once it's here, the VFC3 goes on first. I have a routing pathway in mind. the injector clips are already loose and ready.

Then the Air box goes on.

Any tips from you professionals ? What happens when the ECU does not see a feedback on the O2 sensors ? The big slash pipes already have the o2 sensor plugs installed and I have taped shut the wiring connectors and tucked them up and out of the way.
wac

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing lays in there like a coffin. Too bad the gas tank covers it all up

I taped up the spring clamps and wire tied them to the frame to prevent vibration erosion.

Tomorrow the rest goes back on and hopefully she fires up thumb up

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
What happens when the ECU does not see a feedback on the O2 sensors ? The big slash pipes already have the o2 sensor plugs installed and I have taped shut the wiring connectors and tucked them up and out of the way.
wac
Not seeing the O2 sensors puts it in a loop and will actually enrich your lower RPMs from idle which is where popping would occur helping your valves out on down the road. Nothing to worry about and not that I am the professional but have read enough posts from KevinX and Rylan (VicBuilder) to know...lol...

Seeing your install makes me want to swap out my Ness for the Lloydz... hehe, looks great! Looking forward to post ride report... I know I almost had to go to the ER because of too big a grin on my face!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put it all back together, cycyled the key on/off several time to prime and learn - then hit the starter and it fired right up. MAN what a diffrence those Big slash pipes made. Idled it for 10 or 15 minutes to burn off the nickle-eze residual on the O2 plugs and muffler slip on area. Reved a couple times and it rumbled the whole garage.

Love it !! thumb up

Later

·
12,970 Posts
I am going to install the Lloydz air box. I remove the seat and gas tank, is there more to do to get to it ? Can I slice it out along it's seams with a knive from there ?
Will you please add what model an year you have. It will help with the future post and us. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice bike.... How is this set up working out for you? I have a 2008 jackpot and I wanted to add the Lloyd's air intake. Really cleans up the bike showing off the top of the motor. What all did you need to buy other than the intake? I really just want to get rid of the ugly black air intake box. This may be a dumb question but seeing how the gas tank covers the air filter. Does it really get more air all the way around or just in the front of the air filter? Thank you ride safe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Nice bike.... How is this set up working out for you? I have a 2008 jackpot and I wanted to add the Lloyd's air intake. Really cleans up the bike showing off the top of the motor. What all did you need to buy other than the intake? I really just want to get rid of the ugly black air intake box. This may be a dumb question but seeing how the gas tank covers the air filter. Does it really get more air all the way around or just in the front of the air filter? Thank you ride safe

What do you have for exhaust and controller? I'm using a Ness big sucker on my TC with a S1flash and level1 exhaust but Lloydz on my Vision. Both are friggin great! I would do the Lloydz over ness, Ifi remember right Lloyd said about 30% increase in airflow due to the design.
Your going to pickup up to 5-7hp as well as improve the looks. Cutting the box out is not bad using a dremmel with a Sheetrock bit on it. Like a knife to hot butter. Tanks gotta come off and will reuse your sensors once out. You can do the filter with no remap or exhaust but a combination will improve it even more. Plan on unhooking your O2 sensors to prevent the lean idle which causes the backfiring.

Hope this helps. Tim

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The air box is a work of fine art. Yes, it really pulls in more air. With that ugly black stock box gone, you can see the beauty of the 106 motor - looks great. I ordered the VFC along with it and installed both while the tank was off. Works great....and how it runs - well I have not got the bike out yet. But it fired right up and idled smooth.

later

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have victory swept exhaust. Don't really like them want a shorter pipe that will show off my chrome swing arm. Will be getting something in the near future, Santa Rosa looks cool. As far a controller... I don't know I haven't seen anything that's attached anywhere. Bought the bike used from Strokers Dallas. I think it's stage one. It has K&N filter and that's it. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have victory swept exhaust. Don't really like them want a shorter pipe that will show off my chrome swing arm. Will be getting something in the near future, Santa Rosa looks cool. As far a controller... I don't know I haven't seen anything that's attached anywhere. Bought the bike used from Strokers Dallas. I think it's stage one. It has K&N filter and that's it. Thanks for the info

Cant steer you in the right direction for your model on exhaust but there are those here that can. Also, don't be afraid to call Lloydz and talk to them. Just read a good article from him on exhausts. Do the filter, I had the K&N in replacement of the stock and your going to get blown away when you open it up so it can breath. Good luck. looking forward to your followup. When I took mine out after installing the Ness, I almost got lock jaw from smiling TOO hard.. hehehe Safe ridincheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
S&S VS Lloyd's

Air box came in today. Pics say it all. This thing is a work of art I tell ya. Professionally made in every aspect. Perfect.
Ok, I bought a new S&S intake for $265 that looks exactly the same as the Lloyd's intake shown here, how much was the Lloyd's intake?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lloyd'z air box looks to be around $320. Is there any difference between the two? Other than S&S is more coffin like where Lloyd'z is rounded on the edges?
Ready to buy one, but which one? If Lloyd'z is better I don't mind paying more.

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts