Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im swapping my round chrome headlight for the black long bullet headlight.Are there any tricks to taking the old one off and installing the new one or is it a fairly easy swap ???? I see myself as mechanically inclined and think that this would be something i could do but there is a huge fat wire harness going into the back of my oem chrome light.....Any replies on this would be great,,I get the light in 3 days TY

·
Registered
190 Posts
its easy man, i just swapped mine recently. Should take no than 10 mins.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks does the big thick wire harness and other wires in the back of the oem light go right into the other bullet light I guess they would and is there a harness where the wires unclip or do you have to cut and splice??

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks does the big thick wire harness and other wires in the back of the oem light go right into the other bullet light I guess they would and is there a harness where the wires unclip or do you have to cut and splice??
Yep you just unclip the two wires hi/lo if I remember correctly. No cutting no splicing. The bullet lamp should come with instructions. But its a really really simple 10 min swap

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep its pretty easy. I am a horrible mechanic and I was able to do it. the wires are plug and play, no splicing. I made a mistake by goofing up something and I blew a fuse. swapped the wires around and I was good to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im swapping my round chrome headlight for the black long bullet headlight.Are there any tricks to taking the old one off and installing the new one or is it a fairly easy swap ???? I see myself as mechanically inclined and think that this would be something i could do but there is a huge fat wire harness going into the back of my oem chrome light.....Any replies on this would be great,,I get the light in 3 days TY
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have a 2010 Hammer 8 ball. It has the two head lights (1 round chrome housing, low beam on top, high beam on bottom) I think it's the ugliest thing on the bike, and would rather have the black style like the new hammers. Does anyone know or have a source for these housings?

Is this even possible?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
headlight

Not on target with the most recent question ^^^
But my experience putting a highball headlight on 06 8-ball-

1) If at all interested in HIDs, consider doing it at the same time;
2) Mine fit much better when I ordered/installed the later mounting post and inner ferule/washer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts