Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the forum name states. I'm going to be installing the victory two up touring seat. Which requires me to drill into my rear fender. Not a big deal, but I was curious to ask if anyone would help me out and scan the template? I bought the seat used, and can't think of any other way to get the holes lined up...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
me too

i am in the same boat. i finally found instructions. don't do links but a search- how to install the touring seat on a victory hammer will yield a PDF on the first page on its installation.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't seem to find what your mean.. did a search on the forums, and did a search on google just got a bunch of random crap.. :(

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
So as the forum name states. I'm going to be installing the victory two up touring seat. Which requires me to drill into my rear fender. Not a big deal, but I was curious to ask if anyone would help me out and scan the template? I bought the seat used, and can't think of any other way to get the holes lined up...

Thanks!
What have you got? Filling out your signature on here helps us sort your problem specifics , when its directed to a particular model.

Silly Me!!! its in the Hammer section ! duh!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, I guess that could help, I just kind of thought it was a general thing for all hammers!!

2010 hammer 8ball

·
Premium Member
8,699 Posts
Lol, I guess that could help, I just kind of thought it was a general thing for all hammers!!

2010 hammer 8ball
well it's sure to help in future posting in other sections...any mods?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it's sure to help in future posting in other sections...any mods?
Yeah, I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit my signature on this mobile site lol..

Mods being, Viking saddlebags, Memphis shades quick disconnect windshield. 2" foot forward controls. ViVictorblack swept exhaust. Lowered 1.5 inches

Soon to be:
unlowered
Key relocation
touring seat
easy clutch
rear fender turn signals

Things in the future -
timing wheel
either zoomies, or 2 into 1 bassani
PCV
bullet style headlight (if I ever find one for sale/trade)
21" front wheel (maybe rake laaaater on if I ever get the money)

In really want to do the "Jackhammer" thing, but I don't have the money for all that and paint.

I'd like to get the timing wheel asap, but I'm always worried about If I need a dyno.. closest Vic dealership is 2 hrs away, and closest dyno is the Harley shop, which charges like 500$..

·
12,968 Posts
We use to buy industrial Velcro. One peace on fender one on seat.
Seat will never come off going down the road or sitting in the parking lot

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you don't get the info you need by saturday evening , I'll have some free time and take some pics of mine for you ......
I will check back .....

Peter

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't get the info you need by saturday evening , I'll have some free time and take some pics of mine for you ......
I will check back .....

Peter
Much appreciated. I have an idea of where to do it, and have seen pictures of some other hammers with the holes, but I can't find the paper that will line them up correctly.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Much appreciated. I have an idea of where to do it, and have seen pictures of some other hammers with the holes, but I can't find the paper that will line them up correctly.
I think I have a template , never even used . I have had a few of these seats for my Hammer . I'm at work , but if you can wait till I get home , I could mail it to you or even fax it maybe .... Let me know ....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I have a template , never even used . I have had a few of these seats for my Hammer . I'm at work , but if you can wait till I get home , I could mail it to you or even fax it maybe .... Let me know ....
Awesome man, I'll give you the fax number!!

Ill make copies and then scan a PDF file so if anyone needs it they can just print it off!!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Awesome man, I'll give you the fax number!!

Ill make copies and then scan a PDF file so if anyone needs it they can just print it off!!
One other thing , ditch the bolts and get some studs and nuts instead , believe me , you will thank me for this advice .;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Might be a little late here buy My 2008 had dimples for the location when mine was installed... Sure to double check..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Template and mounting instructions faxed . thumb up

·
Registered
352 Posts
When you have time, do explain?
What He is saying is that it can be a little cumbersome so get the bolts to line up properly with your hand / bolt under the rear fender and into the seat...
...what some people have done...is to fabricate the bolts to be in the seat...and then when you put the seat on , it's easier to line up the bolts from the top.....rather than from the bottom.

Hope that makes some sense...

Peter

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
What He is saying is that it can be a little cumbersome so get the bolts to line up properly with your hand / bolt under the rear fender and into the seat...
...what some people have done...is to fabricate the bolts to be in the seat...and then when you put the seat on , it's easier to line up the bolts from the top.....rather than from the bottom.

Hope that makes some sense...

Peter
Yes , just go to the hardware store with one of your bolts , and get some studs (1") and some matching nuts .

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
seat install but no template

search dragspecialties hammer seat install PDF, what i got said to remove the bumpers from OE hammer seat + drill to 3/8, other holes are 5 7/8 apart but no exact location. just checked the seat + beside the mounting for the backrest theres only 2 bolts 4 5/8 center to center in the rear of the seat, guess i will need a template as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts