Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am thinking of installing Lloydz VMI-DR cams in my 2011 vegas 8 ball, my question is do I need the carrier kit on Lloydz site or are they a simple exchange from stock............... Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fitting VMI-DR cams in 2011 vegas

Thanks for your reply I"ll be doing exchange myself, I have repair manual coming, but was looking at things and wondering If one piece cam carriers have to come out to exchange cams, or is there enough room for cam to slide out sideways. I was thinking if cam carriers have to be removed would involve removing cyl head nuts, which is probably not the best thing to do and retension head...... Thanks..........ps. Im downunder in Oz

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks for your reply I"ll be doing exchange myself, I have repair manual coming, but was looking at things and wondering If one piece cam carriers have to come out to exchange cams, or is there enough room for cam to slide out sideways. I was thinking if cam carriers have to be removed would involve removing cyl head nuts, which is probably not the best thing to do and retension head...... Thanks..........ps. Im downunder in Oz
Yes, you will have to remove 4 of the 6 head nuts to get the cam out of the carrier. Kinda scary, but I haven't heard of any problems yet if you do it correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VM1-DR cams in 2011 vegas

Does sound a bit scary having to remove cyl head bolts to remove cams, used to have hi-comp sportster that used to blow outside of head when started cold then seal back up after a couple of revolutions. Must be alright to do as seems only way to replace cams.Thanks Rylan.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts