Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I purchased Avon Heated Grips for my Cross Country Tour. Does anyone have any install instructions?

Thnx!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
He tapped into the power at a different spot. The XC factory heated plug is in the fairing (the VV is behind the tank console, I think).
The biggest help is the wiring on the grips themselves (which is the same on either model). The Avon instructions weren't perfectly clear, so the video was a great help

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He tapped into the power at a different spot. The XC factory heated plug is in the fairing (the VV is behind the tank console, I think).
The biggest help is the wiring on the grips themselves (which is the same on either model). The Avon instructions weren't perfectly clear, so the video was a great help
OK. So, did you install heated grips? If so, what wires did you tap the Avons into?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It has been over a year since I did the install, but IIRC the factory plug is a small plastic plug on in the fairing near the fairing support on the clutch side of the bike (left side when looking at the front of the bike). I used Posi-Taps and left the factory plug in place.
Maybe someone else will chime in about the plug location to be sure...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been over a year since I did the install, but IIRC the factory plug is a small plastic plug on in the fairing near the fairing support on the clutch side of the bike (left side when looking at the front of the bike). I used Posi-Taps and left the factory plug in place.
Maybe someone else will chime in about the plug location to be sure...
That's cool; I never heard of posi-taps until now...! thumb up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts