Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent a Post last week regarding insurance coverages, but got no reply. Hopefully some of you will reply to this post. I'm wondering how much insurance many of you Victory owners carry on your bikes. I think I may be heavily over-insured. My annual cost with Geico is $260 for FULL Coverage. Let me know

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That's cheaper than I pay. Remember, most people buy the least coverage possible. So, if someone hits you, you better make sure you personally have enough coverage.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
i pay about $300 for 2 bikes every year. i'm with Geico too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm with Allstate, and I pay $250 annually for my 2014 XC, clean record. I do not have any other coverage with Allstate (my car and house are elsewhere) so there are no multi-policy discounts on that price.

Full coverage collision and comprehensive

Liability Coverage:
$100K/$300K Bodily Injury
$100K Property Damage
$100K/$300K Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury

$500 deductible

$2000 added equipment coverage (may push that up a bit now)

I shopped around a bit, and Allstate by far was the absolute best on price for me.

·
13,263 Posts
Colonel

so what year and model do you have.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Do keep in mind that insurance premiums vary wildly according to your age, your record, your credit score, where you live, how many policies you have with that company and what sign you were born under. I threw in that last one to see if you were paying attention.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I pay $40 a month to state farm...my mustang (100/300/100) and house are covered under them as well...fucking expensive, maybe i should switch, but it is a full time riding state with a bunch of illegals on the streets haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im 26 (clean record) and pay $240 a year for

Full coverage collision and comprehensive

Liability Coverage:
$100K/$300K Bodily Injury
$100K Property Damage
$100K/$300K Uninsured Motorists Bodily Injury

$500 deductible

and towing

(basically the same as bskouby)

I dont have anything else through them, just the motorcycle. (2014 XC)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I sent a Post last week regarding insurance coverages, but got no reply. Hopefully some of you will reply to this post. I'm wondering how much insurance many of you Victory owners carry on your bikes. I think I may be heavily over-insured. My annual cost with Geico is $260 for FULL Coverage. Let me know
Thats about right [260$]... I pay quite a bit more, But then I'm in Jersey... And i have high coverage for .UN-insured/UNDER-insured motorists......60% of the motorists out there fall into that category at any given time..So if you should happen to run into one of those Cretins, You'll be glad your a little top heavy with insurance...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I must live in a terrible area for bikes, because I pay $83 a month with Progressive, and that was the best deal I could find a year ago when I bought it new... Clean record, great credit, etc etc.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I pay about $500 a year, but I have everything maxed out with Progressive, uninsured motorists, towing, roadside, blah, blah. I live in DFW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
At least Passt made me feel better about the $50 a month I pay. Seems expensive to me. I'm also with progressive. For the record I'm 34 with a clean driving record.

·
Registered
132 Posts
$249.64 with Allstate. Also have home and 1 car with them. 66 yo male 820+ credit score.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Location is also a factor in the base rate FYI. But I have my home, auto and bikes thru Allstate. I think my 3 scoots, fully insured is just over 300/yr.

Reactions: ftwflh

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm with State Farm but also have 2 other vehicles and the house with them. Also, I live in Iowa so we only get 7-8 months to ride. I copied this directly from my policy.

2010 VICTORY HAMR 8BALL CRUISER

Premium
Coverage Details
Liability - Bodily Injury / Property Damage
$100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident / $100,000 each accident
Premium
$23.13

Coverage Details
Medical Payments
$1,000 each person
Premium
$14.25

Coverage Details
Comprehensive Deductible
$100
Premium
$27.60

Coverage Details
Collision Deductible
$500
Premium
$62.52

Coverage Details
Uninsured Motor Vehicle
$100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident
Premium
$19.52

Coverage Details
Underinsured Motor Vehicle
$100,000 each person / $300,000 each accident
Premium
$49.05

Total Premium
(total premium includes your discounts)
$196.07

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am currently with all state and have the max coverage but no medical or road side assistance (have health insurance and AMA for that) with a $250 deductible and mine just went from $230 to $260 a year. I get quotes from a minimum of 5 insurance companies every year for my house, trucks, and motorcycle together and separately every spring. The motorcycle is the craziest, I get quotes ranging from the $260 I pay now up to $600 a year. I also do not have anything else insured with all state, my house and trucks are with state farm and they were the ones wanting nearly $600 a year to insure my bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
AllState

$238.59/yr

Bodily Injury 100K/300K/100K $44.52
Collision $500 Deductible $80.71
Comprehensive $500 Deductible $12.49
Medical $18.96
Uninsured $108.40

Discount for paying in full = (-$26.49)

No other policies with Allstate. I found I'm better off not bundling.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm 30 clean record, and pay $240/ year with everything pretty close to max except collision. If I add that it goes to like $450/ year. Our house, and both vehicles are with them as well. Looks like I will be checking with other companies now.

I have an 2004 Vegas. I only paid 3,800 for the bike so I'm not sure $450 a year is worth full coverage.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
1) As RicZ and others have said, your insurance cost is going to vary by rural/city, state, region of country, credit score, driving record, your age, possibly rider training, possibly bike alarm, other policies with a company, certainly coverage deductibles and limits, and who knows what else; maybe a rider in the insurance industry can let us about even more factors. This makes it almost impossible to compare policies among us. I think the best anyone can do is shop around, given your exact, particular, personal situation, and see how one company compares to another ... for you.

2) I have my policy with Safeco, and also have a home, auto, and umbrella with them. I've attached the details of my policy, which comes to c. $330, but I pay $293 because of the other policies and paying once a year. Regarding the stuff in 1), above, I'm in my upper 60s, and live in upstate (rural-ish) NY, where the riding season is not much more than half a year (although I have the bike insured year-round), and a bunch of good luck on the other factors.

3) You'll notice that my UNINSURED coverage is way above what's required in my state. I upped this a few years ago, after reading two articles in the legal column in Motorcycle Consumer News. I have scanned in those two pages, and put them up as PDFs on my web site, here:

http://www.billanddot.com/MCN-2012-10-Uninsured-Motorist-Insurance.pdf

http://www.billanddot.com/MCN-2012-12-Uninsured-Motorist-Insurance.pdf

If you read those two pages, you may want to bump that part of your policy up, too. (I'm not now nor never was a lawyer, and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express lately, but I see no reason to doubt the attorney who's the regular legal columnist for that magazine.)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well I must be living in the wrong place for insurance for sure. Mine just renewed with Dairy land. Over 55 clean driving no accidents and I'm at $460 yr I think it is. I do have the higher 100/300/100. The uninsured motorist cast me as much as the rest of the policy almost. Sucks once again us law abiding citizens pay for the degenerates.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts