Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Victory Peeps-

I just wanted to do a "sanity check" on some mods I was planning on doing to my 2013 Hammer 8 Ball in the near future.

Octanes pipes from Conquest Customs
Lloyds Torque Tubes
Lloyds VFC-3
and lastly a Lloyds Adjustable Timing System

My questions are: Am I missing anything? Does the VFC-3 come preprogrammed? If not, can I use my Innovate LM-2 to tune? Any suggestions on setting the ATS? I've read both +4 and +6 are a good starting point?

Thanks for any input!
See you at Daytona!

Small Paul

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Greetings Victory Peeps-

I just wanted to do a "sanity check" on some mods I was planning on doing to my 2013 Hammer 8 Ball in the near future.

Octanes pipes from Conquest Customs
Lloyds Torque Tubes
Lloyds VFC-3
and lastly a Lloyds Adjustable Timing System

My questions are: Am I missing anything? Does the VFC-3 come preprogrammed? If not, can I use my Innovate LM-2 to tune? Any suggestions on setting the ATS? I've read both +4 and +6 are a good starting point?

Thanks for any input!
See you at Daytona!

Small Paul
ATS: +4 for cruisers, +6 for touring bikes
VFCIII: Call Lloydz for custom map based on your mods.

You have passed the sanity check.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Only thing I would do different is a PCV instead of the VC3 ... In the Grand Scheme of things it is a much better choice for programmability , and expansion , IE: Autotune and such ...thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Only thing I would do different is a PCV instead of the VC3 ... In the Grand Scheme of things it is a much better choice for programmability , and expansion , IE: Autotune and such ...thumb up
Or wait for VFCIV, which is supposed to be better than PCV! wac

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
With the TTI you pretty much need a Power Commander to tune it. You will need individual cylinder tuning (trim) and the ability to remove fuel, not just add it. This is especially true with pipes that are not equal length like Octanes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the TTI you pretty much need a Power Commander to tune it. You will need individual cylinder tuning (trim) and the ability to remove fuel, not just add it. This is especially true with pipes that are not equal length like Octanes.

So, forgive me, as I'm operating on a bit of a learning curve here. Most of my expertise comes from high performance jetskis... On my ski, I've got (basically what I believe is in this medium, called a power commander). I plug it into my laptop, and load a custom map based on what mods/ a/f ratio I'm running. Different temps/humidity/conditions factor into what map might be run on a particular day. Is the PCV a set-it and forget-it type system? How is the map initially loaded to the PCV? Do I need to run an a/f meter to ensure I'm not lean/rich?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
How is the map initially loaded to the PCV? Do I need to run an a/f meter to ensure I'm not lean/rich?
It needs to be tuned on a dyno by a professional, unless you get the auto tune and wide band O2 sensors... With that you set the target A/F goals and it builds the map as you ride, you just save the changes until it has a solid base map in memory and makes very minute chages as you ride.

The VFC 4... while it will add or remove fuel and tune to a target A/F, it is ONE O2 sensor and you will not have:
Individual cylinder tuning
Ability to raise the rev limiter
Ability to adjust timing
All of which you will have with the PC-V (power commander 5)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts