Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get this skinny trend but it is good to see the new 111 TS motor finding its way into some of them. From the Cyril Huze site.

What do you all think of the skinny back tire fad these days?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not a fan of skinny tires in the front or the back. I'm not saying I need a huge tire in the back, but somewhere in between.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I don't know if it's a skinny 'trend', I think he's just recalling the older board track racers that all had skinny tires...

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a fan of skinny tires in the front or the back. I'm not saying I need a huge tire in the back, but somewhere in between.
I hadn't thought about the front. I think they can look cool but handling and longevity are lessened by them.

I don't know if it's a skinny 'trend', I think he's just recalling the older board track racers that all had skinny tires...
Yes. That is exactly where this fad/trend is coming from. Before it was super fat tires which rode badly but looked cool. Now it's the skinny board track style bobbers a lot of the custom builders are doing. Oh well. Fads and styles come and go in the custom bike world just like clothing I guess.

I bet this particular bike will fly though. Practically no weight and all that hp/tq.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I agree with broggyr I think his was after the board-track racer look ?...but hey , who knows...maybe it's the new 'hot' trend ?

I never cared for the super-fat rear tires...and it seems to be losing popularity.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I like the look .... Just needs a 250 in the rear .:D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Maybe you can rotate skinnies front to back and so on.

I like the fat back. This is my third bike with the 21 skinny on the front. I believe that the smaller diameter front handles better but 21 looks better.

As for the indian, those tires can get you in trouble with pavement cracks and grooves. Here in Miss., the roads would wreak havoc on a skinny back tire on a rigid bike. My old back couldn't handle it very long.

·
Registered
504 Posts
The board track racing bikes were a purpose built racing bike back in the day and were made specifically for 'wooden tracks' hence the name "board track racer" - and the wheels and tires fit the purpose.

I get what these guys are trying to reproduce in the 'image of a board track racer' but I dont get them using 26" and larger wheels and stuff to make them look gangsta' at the same time???? that just aint right....

All this gangsta' big front wheel stuff is kinda bordering on the absurd these days!

but to each their own I guess!

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
All this gangsta' big front wheel stuff is kinda bordering on the absurd these days!
It's kind of lost on me as well. It's a damn good thing we all like different things or it would be a very boring planet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Leaf spring suspension with carbon fiber?

Someone is hopelessly confused.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts