1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I was listening to CNBC on the radio on the way home last night. The host interviewed Polaris CEO Scott Wine. They talked about snowmobiles, side by sides, ATVs, and military sales, but never mentioned Victory and only once mentioned Indian, only to say that he thought the brand would do okay in Australia. They did discuss high level of motorcycle inventory and Mr Wine said they were implementing a LEAN plan to try to balance that out better.

As a fan of the brand, I suppose I should be unhappy, but WTH, as long as their ATVs can subsidize the bikes, we can continue to get quality products at bargain prices. What's not to like?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Interesting video and read...a few surprises, but not with Honda figures.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
All of us should already know that Polaris could close Victory and hardly notice a change in their bottom line. Never, let me repeat that, never base your investment on Victory or Indian sales unless you just want to go broke buying high and selling low. Polaris gets much less than 10% of their profit from motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
glad they do

i am pleased so much with my 13 hammer and glad Victory sells motorcycles, much better than my traded hardly sportster for sure. hardly has people brainwashed, their bikes look good but thats all IMO

·
Registered
295 Posts
All of us should already know that Polaris could close Victory and hardly notice a change in their bottom line. Never, let me repeat that, never base your investment on Victory or Indian sales unless you just want to go broke buying high and selling low. Polaris gets much less than 10% of their profit from motorcycles.
Exactly. I had a Polaris PWC...

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I was listening to CNBC on the radio on the way home last night. The host interviewed Polaris CEO Scott Wine. They talked about snowmobiles, side by sides, ATVs, and military sales, but never mentioned Victory and only once mentioned Indian, only to say that he thought the brand would do okay in Australia. They did discuss high level of motorcycle inventory and Mr Wine said they were implementing a LEAN plan to try to balance that out better..........
Wow- that is a concern. Not even saying "sales are meeting expectations" or "our long term strategy is this...." is a real worry.

.....but never mentioned Victory and only once mentioned Indian, only to say that he thought the brand would do okay in Australia....
WTF? Why the hell would he mention Australia? 2013 sales in Oz were;
Victory 500 units, Indian 102 units, Harley 8217 units, Honda 8998 units (friggn Post Man bikes are the biggest seller). So Honda was the biggest, Yamaha 2nd, Kawasaki 3rd, Suzuki 4th, and HD 5th.

No way will Indian ever get near Victory in Oz- why would he even mention Oz when the numbers are so small is a concern in itself!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Victory needs to work on their existing distribution/service infrastructure before they wander afar. A respectable home-grown reputation will sustain them far longer than sales in new markets. It's broke, fix it.

Honda figures are not a surprise at all. A solid product line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts