Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low fuel light comes on randomly while I'm riding, and then shuts off.

I just got the bike a couple days ago, so I can't speak much for the history, though it happened as I was leaving the dealer with it.

They made me sign a paper saying the bike is sold 'as is', so I doubt they'll do anything to remedy the issue.

The bike has 10,000 miles.

I assume there's a sensor that needs to be replaced, can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem?

·
Registered
357 Posts
DOes it do this when the the tank is full or when fuel is low?
When I get below a couple gallons mine will come on depending where the gas is in the tank.Like if it is on the stand or if taking off.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
DOes it do this when the the tank is full or when fuel is low?
When I get below a couple gallons mine will come on depending where the gas is in the tank.Like if it is on the stand or if taking off.
Mine can start about 1.4 down to .9 and once I hit .9 its pretty constant. As in you BETTER pull in to a station now Mr.... Im not sure about the 02 and when the upgraded speedo came out but does your speedo have any displays in it?

Download your Service Manual from BBob's site here and make sure to thank him for this as it has helped alot of us out!

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10829

This might help:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Talked with one of our Avionics guys about this while taking a peek at the service manual and he said to pull the plug on the bottom of the tank and reseat it. Use a shot of dielectric grease on the connector on the bottom of the tank and also the multi pin up front. To him he thinks if it was the sensor it would be out or on. The procedure to test the sensor is in the manual so all you need is a multi meter and a almost empty tank of gas to start. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts