Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '00 sport cruiser white bros exhaust and k/n air filter. I have had the bike for about 8 months now, and it has an intermittent "miss" in it. I had the fuel pump replaced (first time the bike has been to a dealership in 7 or so years). the dealer told me that he 're-mapped' the comp and that it should run better. it does, but still has an intermittent miss; not as bad as before but still there. I have found a few things and was wondering if these (combination of things) could be the reason for the "engine miss": both primary filters (the in tank ones) were plugged almost solid, the quick connect valve at the wye on the gas line was cracked and the front spark plug may be misfiring.
I checked the spark plug spark with a timing lite, back cylinder fires fine, the front one misses once in a while. could the quick connect valve being cracked cause air to enter the fuel pump: then to the injectors? especially with the primary filters being plugged? I tried spraying the brake cleaner around the throttle body, no leaks there. I really like this bike, and I would like it to run better... by the way there is no set time when it misses.... under load, slowing down... no set rpm either. thanks for the help...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a '00 sport cruiser white bros exhaust and k/n air filter. I have had the bike for about 8 months now, and it has an intermittent "miss" in it. I had the fuel pump replaced (first time the bike has been to a dealership in 7 or so years). the dealer told me that he 're-mapped' the comp and that it should run better. it does, but still has an intermittent miss; not as bad as before but still there. I have found a few things and was wondering if these (combination of things) could be the reason for the "engine miss": both primary filters (the in tank ones) were plugged almost solid, the quick connect valve at the wye on the gas line was cracked and the front spark plug may be misfiring.
I checked the spark plug spark with a timing lite, back cylinder fires fine, the front one misses once in a while. could the quick connect valve being cracked cause air to enter the fuel pump: then to the injectors? especially with the primary filters being plugged? I tried spraying the brake cleaner around the throttle body, no leaks there. I really like this bike, and I would like it to run better... by the way there is no set time when it misses.... under load, slowing down... no set rpm either. thanks for the help...
Try one thing at a time ....my advice to go along with what you have already done is to replace the plugs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts