Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted grip heaters, but never liked the exposed wires. I also like the OEM grips that came with my XR. Came across info about Symtec's Heat Demons Internal heaters and thought that would be the thing for me. And they are!
I ordered from Riders Discount, a forum sponsor, and got the kit for metric bikes and selected the chrome controller - that's the only evidence on the bike that you have grip heaters. Their price is $125 + free shipping. The kit is very complete and well done, although the directions need to be read before one begins the project as they are a little fuzzy.

http://www.heatdemons.com/Internal-Handlebar-Grip-Warmer-Kit-Metric_p_10.html

I mounted mine on the right, in the space between the brake reservoir and the bar, using the furnished back strap. No need to remove the grips or anything, but I did need to loosen one screw on the right perch a bit to slide the strap in under it.
Since the heaters are inside the bar, I was concerned about how long it would take before I felt some heat...how about 2 to 3 minutes. Not bad. There are 4 heat levels and after about 10 minutes, I had to go down from #4 to #1 in 50 degree weather.
The only problem is you can't reuse the stock bar ends and I could only find one replacement that would work. Good news is they are cheap and look good. They are put out by Bike Master and have a rubber barrel that goes into the bar and expands as you tighten the screw on the end. I did have to reduce the OD of that barrel a bit in order to get it in there with the heater. I'm very pleased with results, the look and the comfort. thumb up

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, OK, you forced my hand. Not really much to see but a controller and new bar ends. No wires, nada.

Attachments

·
13,263 Posts
Wait you'll love them in the rain and when it ges down to below 50 thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait you'll love them in the rain and when it ges down to below 50 thumb up thumb up
Don't know why I waited this long to do it, been riding this winter in days as low as the low 30s. But hey, I have been on tour in mid summer and came out of the motel room to find frost on the bike. I'm certain they will get plenty of use. cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have the Ness Knurled grips that come stock on these Ness XCs. They don't have ANY end piece as they are solid. I had seen the Heat Demons and thought that they would be a good option for me so that I could keep these grips. Do you think that I could use these without any ends?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Ness Knurled grips that come stock on these Ness XCs. They don't have ANY end piece as they are solid. I had seen the Heat Demons and thought that they would be a good option for me so that I could keep these grips. Do you think that I could use these without any ends?
Yes. You'll have to remove the left grip and the entire right assembly. The instructions cover that very well. They even furnish a bottle of grip adhesive!
One thing I forgot to mention is they furnish the neatest wire connectors I have ever seen. thumb up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts