Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the sound of the Guard Dawg keyless RFID. It appears that you can remove the ignition completely. I had thought of moving the ignition. Seems like brackets and extended wiring is fairly easy to get so I thought maybe do both. Does this sound stupid? I think I would like to fill the original ignition position with a starter button.

Has anyone used a GripAce? This sounds like a good way of cleaning up the wiring on the left. It appears to have only has 1 wire that needs to run inside the bars. I like the look of an Exile bike on the GripAce website that has it mounted in the handlebar. I think this may be too far to reach easily with the lever mount. The suggestion is to have it mounted in the grip.

I like the idea of an internal throttle but I'm not sure if the angles on the bars would be too extreme.

I would really like to have everything internal (reservoirs, brake lines, clutch, throttle, all wiring) and I know anything is possible with heaps of cash but unfortunately at the moment that's not me.

·
13,003 Posts
wires ok inside bars cable maybe not they could kink up and that would be bad.
Where key was why not power out let to charge phone

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my thoughts were the cable may kink up. I think just getting wiring internal would clean it up a lot.

Power out is a great idea. I know the GripAce has the start function as well.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I could see a smaller, cleaner switch housing set, but the thought of controls in the grips doesn't appeal to me. I'm all for cleaning up the high-ball front end though.

How about any aftermarket slick control housings for Vics? There's only a gazillion out there for Harley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts