Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have searched this forum and the Internet for information on this... Ness modulars say they are internally wired but can't find any pics really proving it... Does anyone else know of anything? Those wires for the stereo and cruise are hideous. I don't really like the look of my Vicbaggers bars.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure this helps you but my scoot was A.N. build and the Mod Apes were externally wired. Got this off their site, and it says drilled and slotted for internal wiring but the picture shows external wiring. I don't see how you can run the wiring internally without drilling. I'd like to reroute mine, so hopefully someone here can give a little how to 101.

Modular Cross Country Apes - Chrome
View Larger
SKU: V-1710
$449.95
Qty : Add to Cart
Description
Design, function and adjustability.
Features:

Our innovative 1-1/4� steel handlebars feature billet aluminum junction clamps that rotate towards or away from the rider for their desired comfort needs.
All bars are drilled and slotted for internal wiring.
Drag bars bolt-on directly to 5� bolt centers for Victory models
Available in chrome for most Victory models
Dimensions:

Center Width: �11� , Width: � 32�, Rise: �11.5�, Pullback: adjustable, Diameter: � 1-1/4� .

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Travis
You can drill a slot on the upper section of the VB bars to run the wires internally. Have been considering it myself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You don't like Vicbaggers bars? You do not hear that often. Sell em a ton of dudes would buy them. Then go get what you really likethumb up. Internally wiring something you do not like might make it a ton more painful when you finally decide to get rid of them:crzy:.

·
13,263 Posts
spray the inside of the bars with WD-40 to help slide the wires thru.
More than likely you're going to have to cut and splice. Cut the wires in different places so you don't have a big wad.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
My BURLEIGH BARS came all set up for internal wiring,
But I didnt have the patience and time to do it, plus Id need to extend the wires a little I reckon....I'd rather be riding than cutting and soldering wires.
Went for a good ride yesterday and coming back saw the full moon rising over the ocean.....gave a coupla howls and kept riding.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I may do mine this weekend, only reason I have not yet is I did not want to risk chipping the powder coat drilling
Put a strip of masking tape down where yr gonna drill, give it a whack with a centrepunch, then drill with a nice sharp drill and you should be okay.
Start small say 1/8" and work up.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You don't like Vicbaggers bars? You do not hear that often. Sell em a ton of dudes would buy them. Then go get what you really likethumb up. Internally wiring something you do not like might make it a ton more painful when you finally decide to get rid of them:crzy:.

They are comfortable as all hell... I just don't like the way they look. That being said I am not totally sure I have seen a set of bars on an XC that look proper yet. The look of all the bars on the XC was one of the reasons I even considered a Roadglide when I was buying a bagger... But common sense prevailed and i accepted the flawed designs of all the Vic aftermarket bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts