Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

brand new to the forum, however i had my Octane since May 2016. I've moved back to AZ at the beginning of the yr... and looking to find more people to ride with.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Welcome @Daco
Ride safe...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee

Lots of good info here and good folks to help you out also. Enjoy the ride. This old man does every day.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
G'day from Downunder mate!
Wadda ya think of the Octane then?... Tell us about it.
I sat on the first one unveiled in our local showrooms..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from Florida!

Jax FL eh? that's where i lived last 3 yrs...Southside & Beach Blvd... don't miss the weather and the straight flat roads... :grin we got lots of twisties here in AZ...
i do miss a few friends i left back there and some really good places to eat... especially that Brazilian restaurant by Tinseltown... thumb up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from Nashville TN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G'day from Downunder mate!
Wadda ya think of the Octane then?... Tell us about it.
I sat on the first one unveiled in our local showrooms..
LOVE the Octane! i had to give up the sportbikes back in 2015 due to a lower back injury... the closest i can get to the sport bikes is the MT/FZ-09.
When i bought the Octane i took the gunner and the octane for a test ride... and even though i liked the gunner... the Octane it felt like i rode it for yrs from the start! very confidence inspiring ... no "adjustment or learning period" on the octane... + i knew i was moving back to AZ ... so liquid cooled engine was another deciding factor... these were my 1st two cruiser bikes i've ever been on.
in the beginning, after rides longer than 20mins... i almost regretted buying the Octane... because my lower back would start to hurt :mad:... but after i adjusted the handlebar.... moved them all the way up in line with the forks... im really glad that problem went away thumb up ... totally transformed the bike for me... a lot more comfortable and it even feels better in corners... did i mention i LOVE IT? :grin
i know i might sell the MT-09 sooner or later...but the Octane i will never sell.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Jax FL eh? that's where i lived last 3 yrs...Southside & Beach Blvd... don't miss the weather and the straight flat roads... :grin we got lots of twisties here in AZ...
i do miss a few friends i left back there and some really good places to eat... especially that Brazilian restaurant by Tinseltown... thumb up
I used to live on Hodges near JTB. I now live near the airport. Yeah...Florida is pretty crappy for riding! I have heard good things about Terra Gaucha but have never eaten there. I may try it one day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you've never been to a "churrascaria" brazilian style restaurant .... you have to try it... make sure you bring an appetite and some friends... you can easily spend a few hrs in there....

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
if you've never been to a "churrascaria" brazilian style restaurant .... you have to try it... make sure you bring an appetite and some friends... you can easily spend a few hrs in there....
Í worked in Sao Luis Brazil for 2 years and loved the food, smile

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pic from FL with the bars pulled back... waaaay back... lol... not only it was awkward riding it... it was awkward trying to move the bike about the garage when the handlebar was so low...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I can bring an appetite bit friends. ..I don't have many of those here. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Welcome Daco and congratulations on the Octane. One of my best friends lives in Scottsdale and he rides, a lot.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello from sunny England.

Nice bike you have there buddy.... a keeper for sure. I considered buying an Octane as it was Victory's sporty liquid cooled entry to the market and just a couple of years of production will no doubt make these a fine collectable in the future. Never seen one in the flesh.... probably just a handful in the UK. Reckon if i ever see one and ride it..... probably buy it!

It's bloody chilly here for August....down to single figures and Scotland are even getting frosts (unlucky scotland). Perfect weather for the air cooled Hammer though!

Have fun.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Welcome from Tulsa! I have been attempting to get Kitchen 6 to authorize the addition of an Octane to my stable. I come from 20 years in the sportbike world and the CCT is my second "cruiser" ever owning so I think the Oc and I would get along well.

Skin

1 - 20 of 30 Posts