Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said in first post from n e pa this is my first victory a 2005 kingpin less than 7000 miles on it..Bought it used last year and loved it till now .. fuel problems.Will post in tech forum next but does anyone else have fuel pressure problem,too low or this a rare thing

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear you got issues but....... Do you have a service manual? If not search tech section for BBob and service manuals, pretty sure he has yours. Send I'm a thanks and download. Covers your trouble shooting and replacing the fuel pump if needed. The Vicshop has best price on rebuilt fuel pumps, and in answer to our question....there is significantly more that have not had issues with loss in fuel pressure or fuel pump than have. I would like to point the finger at the ethanol added to our fuels as the underlying culprit. Also heard of that constantly running down to 1/2 gallon will cause premature failure as well. Just what I have heard.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Tim

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
+1 on not running fuel low. That goes for your car too. The fuel acts as a coolant for these submerged fuel pumps.
Sold a car to a guy and saw him a few months later. Said he had to replace the fuel pump and it cost him big dollars. I asked if he drives with less than 1/4 tank. He does. Case closed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply

I did download a manual and it helped a bit. Posted in tech thread also
Also never run too low on gas. Refill as soon as light comes on or sooner

·
Registered
13 Posts
Low on fuel

I drive a tow truck, do you know how many car drivers on an average day across 3 new England states run out of fuel? About 300,can you believe that, lots of fuel pump premature failures. In regards to you situation, has the bike sat for any length of time, with ethanol in the fuel, it causes issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts