Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a Nashville Dealer where I rode a Judge, a High Ball and a Vegas 8 ball. The demo rides were really nice and longer than any H-D demo rides I've been on. The 8 Ball fit me better than any other bike off the showroom floor. I scraped on almost every other turn, though. I was offered the $1k off deal, $500 accessories and they are trying to get the 2.99% financing. About $700 in dealer fees were added back in. Do you guys think that is an OK deal?

I started riding on a Yamaha Virago 250. I've been on a H-D Sportster 1200 custom for three years, and ride about 5k mi/yr, mostly work commute, but just retired, so I'm looking forward to some longer rides. I live in Middle TN, and do as little as I can get away with :>) In fact, I wouldn't do much of anything, except the bike keeps me motivated. Although, I just had to cut grass for the 1st time this season and the hedge is getting too close to the neighbors.

Thank you for the forum, and to those folks that answer questions from non-mechanics like myself. Hope to find some way to contribute and pay back.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum psgthru. I am still an HD rider myself but mine is an FLTRU 2011 in blue. I find this and another couple of Vision forums very informative and I have had enough test driving to convince me it is time to make a trade. All I need to do now is give my other half a chance to accept or veto that move.
If I was single, I would already be a Vic owner. As a touring person, I favor the Vision model, but that reflects my own bias for a touring bike, not a judgement that one or another Vic is truly the best choice for everyone. Each of us has our own riding priorities.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. Going back Friday; the salesman called and said it "looked like it was a go?" We'll see.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome. The demo truck is at my local dealer this weekend. Going to head over Saturday and try a XC and a Vision I hope.

Hope they don't talk me into to something. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Term, they won't need to talk you into anything. If you ride one, you will buy one. It is not just a slogan, it is reality. Yes, I rode one today and am trying to reach agreement on terms. Aside from my need to reach agreement on what it will cost me, that bike is sold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts