Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm an older motorcycle enthusiast from South Jersey. Been a motorcycle rider since '69. Started on dirt/street bikes way back when the UJM's would put blocky tires on their existing lineup, raise the fenders up and call 'em "Enduro's". Well a lot has changed since then! Switched to street machines once I could get a license ('71) and been riding ever since. Slowed down some when the kids were small but never been without at least one bike in the stable.

Have owned pretty much all of the mainstream brands and liked every one of them! Did the "Harley" thing from '80 to 2004 when Victory caught my eye. Bought a silver on silver Vegas with spoke wheels, shop installed 100cu.in. kit and performance exhaust. Next bought an '06 Vegas 8Ball (girlfriend at the time rode the '04). For some unexplainable reason (the bike was dealer maintained and only had 3500mi with a careful break-in done) the rear cylinder rings stuck on the piston - right in the middle of the 2007 riding season. Took over three months for Victory to authorize the dealer to disassemble the top end (dealer had already done that!). Anyway - I got tired of waiting and there was a new leftover 2006 black Kingpin on the floor so I bought that and never looked back.

Great choice - the Kingpin was a fantastic and comfortable road machine and never let me down. Put 22,000 on her (and still had the '04 Vegas in the garage), nice to be able to go out to the garage and choose which bike you wanted to ride today.:grin Fast forward to 2016 the local Harley dealer has an '08 Vision Tour Premium with only 4500 mi owned by an older gentleman. This guy put EVERY and I mean every chrome accessory and comfort items on this Vision! I added it up one time from the '08 catalog and it was in excess of $5000. Needless to say I made a great deal on this machine and let the Kingpin go.

Got 18,000 on the Vision now and Wow is she a great long distance road bike. Been all over the Northeast and Southeast with her. A little worried about the age and parts availability but she's still solid and quite the runner when you wanna go state to state. So really no reason to change. I try to do all my own work on my bikes, hence the joining of the forum.

I'm hoping to meet new friends and enthusiasts to keep on keeping on! Stay safe, God Bless and keep the shiny side up! :smile

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
We will be needing a picture(or two would be even better ;) ) of this said Vision as soon as you get your second post and are clear to post pics thumb up
Welcome and very cool intro ... :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT. As @PaiN said, one more post or reply and you can share glorious photos of that Vision :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome from southern Oregon. Ride safe.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome Rob from another Rob in Elmvale ON Canada....

Great tale we've been riding about the same amount of time with the same types of machines....enjoy your victory...the information and friendships available here..

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks You guys! Glad to be part of "the Family"! Will certainly post some pictures of the bike when I am permitted to. Hope and pray that all you guys are well, health is good and the sun is shining to go out for a ride!:smile

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Thanks You guys! Glad to be part of "the Family"! Will certainly post some pictures of the bike when I am permitted to. Hope and pray that all you guys are well, health is good and the sun is shining to go out for a ride!:smile
Now that you have 2 posts (to get around the bot-blockers), you should have access to the rest of the forums.
And post pictures, of course...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts