Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Micmac here in NC. Retired state employee, work a little to keep me motorcycle parts as Ms. Micmac keeps the purse strings tight now that I'm on a fixed income:ltr:
I'm an Indian man, got three of em a 2002 Chief (02 Chief posted in virtual bike show for your perusal), a 1947 Chief(tore down for engine /trans rebuild), and a 2002 Scout (wife's). I have always rode Indians, am a 3rd generation Indian owner. I thought since alot of you had come to Indian Motorcycle Community Forum, I would dip my toe in the water here. My best friend bought a V92C when they came out in 1999 and kept it until he was run down and killed on it in '07. Often we were the only 2 guys non on Hardlee's where we went. I want to learn about your bikes, and the company that bought my beloved Indian. I behave myself and am low maintenance, most likely will keep my mouth shut unless I know what the subject matter at hand is about. I do not like theorists, even though I am trained at the graduate level in the sciences.

So dear cousins, it appears we are joined at the hip now. I hope Polaris does not change a thing (except for the better in quality department), I have heard it stated over and over that they will not. I think that sounds good, but with this economy it seems highly unlikely that any company could serve two master's of the same type.

I look forward to chatting with you.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard.

As you I am curious what Vic is going to do with Indian.

Since you are an Indian loyal. How would you feel if Vic threw the Victory 106/6 motors on an existing Indian frame?

I'm glad you chimed in because I am going to create a Indian forum here!thumb up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me preface my statement with the disclaimer, I am not here to be in an adversary role. I am here to learn. First and foremost I am an Indian Man. On a personal level, I believe that bike would be a Vic with pretty fenders. I believe Kawasaki tried that once. On a realist level I believe that will happen sooner or later if either brand wishes to prosper if the current economic clime prevails. Ultimately, I am a fan of anything made in the US ('cept my Kiwi wife) and would understand such a marriage of brands. I know Vic stuff is bullet proof and it would be a solid bike.

I look forward to the Indian forum and will invite the folks I know to join if you like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts