Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Has anyone tried to figure out how to wire these into the system to control the phone.
Wiring? Not that I have found or aware of. Many of us have bought third gen ipods to use on the bikes. You can use a Bluetooth adapter or lightning adapter, but you're only able to change the volume from the handlebar controls. Audio was an after thought to Victory, sadly.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Heyyyyu there is a whole thread about this subject, I had HUGE trouble connecting anything two this stupid APPLE plug into the Cross country Tour.... I will find the thread... Smile

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Ok I tried to use the search function for this problem, but there are too many threads with this toppic....

Anyway if you buy a iPod Gen4 then it is just a plug and play..... Sad but true...

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
13,188 Posts
isn't there a connection in your left saddle bag. Then you can do a Bluetooth adapter and have your music. I think owners book will tell you in the radio section

·
Registered
321 Posts
I use a Bluetooth adapter with the plug in the bag and have my phone mounted on my bars.... Works great.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use a genuine Apple 30pin to Lightning adapter cable, and can track forward and backward as well volume up and down. I also have a Motochello cutout switch with a 3mm headphone extension cable which connects to my helmet speakers. ����

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I use a Bluetooth adapter with the plug in the bag and have my phone mounted on my bars.... Works great.
Same. Bluetooth adapter off of Amazon plugged into my 12v. I turn it on before I ride and then control everything from my phone attached to my bars.

Skin

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Just make sure you buy the Apple Genuine item. Cheap knockoffs may allow you to charge but might not allow controls to function.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's why I gave the link to the Apple one. You are correct. Anything that isn't Apple certified might not have all of the functionality.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Agreed. Not dissing your link, just trying to make some folks aware that it's really worth it to spend the $23+ on the real deal instead of the $2.95 ebay cheapie and then wonder why it doesn't work...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts