Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally came up with a great iPhone mount setup.

The case is from Wahoofitness it for a mountain bike and the handle bar mount is from Adaptiv Technologies

http://www.adaptivtechnologies.com/gear/adaptiv-mounts

the case is waterproof and dust proof http://www.wahoofitness.com/Products/Wahoo-Fitness-Wahoo-Bike-Case-for-iPhone.asp

Then I used a direct wire in micro USB charger from eBay for 20$

I had it swiveled inside the bars but it was just kinda in your face so I swiveled it outside and its perfect.

Man its great!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
13,002 Posts
Good looking mount.
Not trying to pick on you or any one.
Have we lost our riding fun. I don't have a i phone or gps and ride to see whats over the next hill or around that curve in the road.
I was so lost this spring on a cloudy day I did know east from west. With no sun a rider can get turned around. It turns out I was in another state. I was having a great time and had to spend a night on the road. Its a shame there is no excitement with all these gadgets. I do have a compass in the bags now just in case.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having a great time and had to spend a night on the road. Its a shame there is no excitement with all these gadgets. I do have a compass in the bags now just in case.
I agree 100%, dont take the adventure out of the ride. My issue is I do get to ride for work, during work, thumb up. And its great! But when I ride for fun, the phone is always off so I can leave the cage and work behind. Not to mention usually the areas I pleasure ride in there is no cell service :)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I have my phone mounted for one reason, the GPS. I live in the sticks and 99% of the time am riding local so have no need for phone or GPS and it stays in the bag. However, if I have the need to go to the city and on the beltway, I want my GPS as I'm not familiar enough with the areas due to not going very often. When I do go, I don't have time to get lost and figure it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used a similiar mount that they use for mountain bikes. I got it at TJ Maxx for $5. It works great for my music, but I couldn't see the screnn for sh**. Tried to use the navigation in the mtns of Helen at the SE Victory rally and got lost as sh**. Best day of riding in a long time. Wife says where are we? I said who cares!

·
Registered
63 Posts
nice job.
We discovered Scala rider G4 communication headsets for our helmets.
Now my wife can talk to me while riding. She can talk..............and talk...............and talk...........................................................

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
nice job.
We discovered Scala rider G4 communication headsets for our helmets.
Now my wife can talk to me while riding. She can talk..............and talk...............and talk...........................................................
LOL Sorry Okie, maybe the batteries dont hold a charge as good as they should *WINK* WINK* ;) :ltr: Riding should be therapy to shut out the world and chatter in it.

I use the Sena and it works great with music from the iPhone. I have the Sena Victory Dongle I just havent gotten around to installing it yet. I went for it once and got lost in the instructions so I bailed as it was a riding day.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Does your GPS verbalize the route? I cannot imagine trying to look at that small screen and A. see it B. not lose focus on the road. If you have a talking GPS on an iPhone can you PLEASE post the app you use. thank you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does your GPS verbalize the route? I cannot imagine trying to look at that small screen and A. see it B. not lose focus on the road. If you have a talking GPS on an iPhone can you PLEASE post the app you use. thank you.
Hi Dave, I use the Garmin App it does verbalize the route and its not annoying. You can tailor it to say as much or as little as you want. I get it through my Bluetooth Sena. It works great.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
jgreg,

Does the case lock in place somehow? I went to Yahoo's web page (thanks for the link), and it's unclear to me whether there's some latching mechanism that prevents bad things from happening if you hit a pothole or something like that... or if the case just sort of slides into some slots, etc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
jgreg,

Does the case lock in place somehow? I went to Yahoo's web page (thanks for the link), and it's unclear to me whether there's some latching mechanism that prevents bad things from happening if you hit a pothole or something like that... or if the case just sort of slides into some slots, etc.
Yes it has a slide track, that it slides on and locks in place on the mount itself. Then to get it off it has a release on the side and you push it down and it slides off.

The Face of it has 6 lock tabs to keep cover and the case sealed 100%.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Thanks very much for the additional info.

Looks like you have an ideal set-up, with the Yahoo and the Adaptiv. Not cheap, but then: A) neither was the iPhone (which I just got a couple weeks ago), or the XCT, for that matter; B) and you only go 'round once (unless you're Shirley Maclaine).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts