Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with a good iPhone handlebar mount? Want to be able to use the gps feature and make access to music easier. I want something that I can mount without. Case added to th phone.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Anyone have any experience with a good iPhone handlebar mount? Want to be able to use the gps feature and make access to music easier. I want something that I can mount without. Case added to th phone.
I use a RAM mount for the GPS in my iPhone. I keep my phone in a silicone case so it slips out easily for the snug fit of the RAM case. It also allows for charging to keep the battery life up, especially when used as a GPS. One point to consider, if you are searching for WiFi, it will find some occasionally so either switch it off our have gloves that allow you to dismiss.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see the RAM mount and i am leaning that way. Did you wire up a charger for it also? any pictures of the mounting?

·
13,263 Posts
Kuryakyn just came out with all kinds of mounts for phones and gps you should check them out

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did see the RAM mount and i am leaning that way. Did you wire up a charger for it also? any pictures of the mounting?
Here are some quick pics to give you an idea of my setup. I have the Powerlet Victory set up for the case plug and then run it over my wedge and along the bike's spine to bring power to the phone at the handlebars. I've ridded all day at highway speeds and the power cord has never shown signs of melting on the engine.

The first three pics are when the phone is in use. The last is the mount on the handlebars I leave on all the time.

Ride safe.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was considering one of these easy on and off type holders

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have my IPOD gen 4 in a thick rubber case. I mount it to my Cross Roads handlebars using a RAM EZ-Strap™ Rail Mount with Universal X-Grip™ Cell Phone Holder.

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065080045083066045049056055045085078055085/Default.aspx

I loosened the handle bars just enough to get the strap around them and it mounts directly under the spedo/tach combo.

Works really well. With the X-grip, it is easy to get the IPOD into an out of it, and it holds it securely.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did see that mount also. I like the idea of not having to leave something mounted to the bike all the time and the mount that i can use with whatever case i get.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Ram Mount with X-Grip. Love it and I use my iPhone to open my garage. Plus I can switch to a beverage holder instead of the iPhone holder if I need.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ram Mount with X-Grip. Love it and I use my iPhone to open my garage. Plus I can switch to a beverage holder instead of the iPhone holder if I need.
+1... I LOVE my X-Grip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts