Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out riding today, had my iPhone 4 plugged in to the iPod cable in the saddlebag, everything was fine until I hit a big bump in the road. The stereo went fuzzy, and then the display went from showing the Song Track etc to just showing AUX. Lost all functionality except volume control. It started acting like it was connected via bluetooth. I stopped and turned everything off, including my phone and then rebooted everything. Still the same issue. iPhone no longer charges when plugged into cable, and no controls work except volume.

Any ideas? The fact that the songs still play, and the volume still works tells me that the cable didn't come unplugged somewhere, but maybe now just a bad cable that needs to be replaced? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
First thing I would do would be to unplug and replug the iPod. If that doesn't work, try rebooting/resetting your iPod. Not a factory reset, just a complete power down/power up...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I did all that. I even tried plugging in my wife's iPhone. Same thing. So it is something with either the cable or the base unit.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Ya I did all that. I even tried plugging in my wife's iPhone. Same thing. So it is something with either the cable or the base unit.
I had this happen to me once, and ended up having to unplug and reconnect the IPod cable where it connects to the saddle bag connector. After that all was fine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had this happen to me once, and ended up having to unplug and reconnect the IPod cable where it connects to the saddle bag connector. After that all was fine.
Yep, that was it. Once I removed the saddlebag, I saw that one of the two wire couples from the cable to the harness was not snapped in to the clip all the way. I snapped it back in place and all is good.

cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
This happened to me as well. I guess there was not enough slack in the cable when installed. The little clip that holds the connector together broke so the connector is loose. Rather than shell out another c-note for a new cable, I just put one of those plastic covered wire twisties (like what come in the box of hefty lawn/trash bags) through it long wise and twisted it tight. This holds it together with no problems. And it is an easy undo when I want to take the saddlebag off.

steviej

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a XCT that suddenly does not recognize my IPOD. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue on the XCT. There is a connector under the front of the tank that seems to lead to the left front glove box. That connector seems secure. Wondering if there is another connector for the IPOD between the front and back pieces of the lower?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a XCT that suddenly does not recognize my IPOD. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue on the XCT. There is a connector under the front of the tank that seems to lead to the left front glove box. That connector seems secure. Wondering if there is another connector for the IPOD between the front and back pieces of the lower?
the ipod cable connects in the lower, the outer shell of the lower comes off with 4 metric screws. there is a connector under the tank those eventually go to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts