Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I look on the Ma's website it looks like the only iPod cord they sell is for the Vision.
Is there a cord to hook and iPod up to the stock stereo on a CC (not tour)?
If any of you have done this, some detailed info is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My XC has an Ipod plug in the RH Bag. Has anyone found a source for an adapter cord from that Ipod/Iphone cord to micro USB for android.

·
13,002 Posts
To control your ipod you need the 30 pin cord. Then you can change songs with switch and it will charge. Ask dealer I dough yours will not be the same as the vision
The one pin connector will let you play music but it will not charge it and you can not change songs.
If your ipod has a hard drive it will lock up and be done for

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What 30 pin cord?
Is there already a place to plug it into the stock stereo from the factory?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My XC has an Ipod plug in the RH Bag. Has anyone found a source for an adapter cord from that Ipod/Iphone cord to micro USB for android.
Mine does not have the iPod plug, that is what I am trying to find.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
13,002 Posts
some place you have the 2 stock plugs that the ipod from vic plugs into
go to dealer or look in owners book it might say

·
Registered
141 Posts
My CCT came with one in the left storage bin in lowers. I've seen these cords in the right saddle bag of CC bikes I just thought they came with them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My CCT came with one in the left storage bin in lowers. I've seen these cords in the right saddle bag of CC bikes I just thought they came with them.
So did I :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
To control your ipod you need the 30 pin cord. Then you can change songs with switch and it will charge. Ask dealer I dough yours will not be the same as the vision
The one pin connector will let you play music but it will not charge it and you can not change songs.
If your ipod has a hard drive it will lock up and be done for
The 30 pin works with the Iphone 4 but not so well with some of the newer ones. I remembered that someone else had come up with a bluetooth Dock Boss Air it would allow the use of the Android phone as well. I did a search and fund the posting and posted it below. Not heard much else about it hoping someone would post more info on it.

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=78442&highlight=dock+boss

·
Registered
372 Posts
Any Cross Country (tour or regular) can have auxiliary audio input from either a standard 3.5mm headphone jack or an iPhone. Using the iPhone cable you can control the playback from the CC's stereo, whereas the 3.5mm plug offers no control. The Tour has one of these installed from the factory in the lowers (iPhone one?). The non-Tour does not have it included by default.

On a Cross Country this aux-in cable is often added into the RH bag because Victory makes that work via a hole in the side of the saddlebag and the right add-on pieces to run things back there. For either type of input you need the Vic input extension cable to get from under the fairing to the RH bag. Then you need the short pigtail cable for either 3.5mm or iPhone. The unused input connectors where these hook to are under the fairing on the RH side aluminum support. The cable will have instructions.

If you prefer to have your phone on your handlebars instead of in the bag, you could just buy the short iPhone pigtail cable and a cheapo iPhone 30-pin extension cable and run the cable down your bars and into the fairing (or the 3.5mm cable and a simple 3.5mm extension). Then buy a RAM mount for your phone and you're good to go. This setup makes it real easy to send texts while driving too (seriously folks, STFU before you start with the crap, it's a joke).

Obviously there are issues explained earlier about the newer iPhones with different connector types, so pay attention to that.

Here's the extension:
http://amzn.com/B0049VRIJW

And the iPhone cable:
http://amzn.com/B0049VXNYQ

And the 3.5mm input cable:
http://amzn.com/B0049VZOQ6

Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Get an A2DP Bluetooth Reciever for Iphone off Ebay between $10-25. Plug the Iphone cable in your XC RH bag. Set your stereo to Aux and Pandora your fool head off. Bluetooth it from any phone that will run bluetooth headsets. Retain all your functionality of your phone from handlebar mount or pocket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your android has bluetooth go to Best Buy they have a bluetooth adaptor that plugs into to Victory cord and is powered from it. My phone will not work but I can get Pandora over the speekers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts