Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looky what I found!

http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBossplus.html

This little device has a "female" ipod connector on one end, Micro plug for charging and 3.5mm audio plug. Yes it is true in my lowers I have an accessory plug to handle charging, but for summers when I remove them and add cabling to saddlebag or pouch, I will now be able to stream music from my droid phone, and charge at the same time. No playlist or controls, but volume should work.

XC owners... your IPOD is in the saddle bag with no power to anthing but IPOD right? This should fix that.

Quick fix until the bluetooth dongle is available and working.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did anyone ever find a Bluetooth dongle?
I'm not worried about needing to charge it. I'll plugin to the a/c aux if I need to charge.

But I would love to keep my phone in my pocket and just walk up to the bike and have my tunes wireless bluetooth style, just like my truck...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone purchase this yet, and does it allow the hand controls to function the Droid? NM wasn't smart enough to read.
I did buy it, volum and chzring worked, but no forward oe backward song select

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I just got my cord in the mail a week ago and it seems to work just fine with my Droid phone. I like to stream Slacker music through it. One thing I have noticed however is that the display screen on my radio switches from "AUX" to IPOD" every several seconds. It doesn't seem to affect the stream of music in any way. Do any of you guys have this same thing going on?

·
13,002 Posts
What gets me as victory chargers $99.95 for a ipod cord.
They must only have at best $3.50 so there profit pays for the CEO to go on a big vacation or a have a house with a butler

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
What gets me as victory chargers $99.95 for a ipod cord.
They must only have at best $3.50 so there profit pays for the CEO to go on a big vacation or a have a house with a butler

Anything electrical/electronic cord related is HUGE profit for all companies, my wife used to work at Best Buy which has a employee discount policy of a % over cost, before they put a limit of 50% off on the discount you could get an HDMI cable for less then $1 because of how cheap basic electronic accessory items really are.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That is a great find, i may pick one up! Here is what i did in the meantime on my XCT.

I have a Ipod Touch laying around i haven't used in 3 years. I have a free "hotspot" app on my Galaxy S3. I paired my ipod to my phone so know matter where i am(as long as there is 3G or 4G) i get Pandora, Tunein Radio or Iheartradio through my speakers. I don't get any bar controls though except Vol. Still trying to figure that out.

One thing i did notice was downloaded music would override any app and i couldn't figure out a way to stop the music. So since i haven't used it in 3 years, i restored the ipod and deleted all the music. Now i can play my apps without any problem. Not sure if there is a way to keep music and use the apps yet. TBD

This option actually works great for me because i wear a full face helmet and have a Scala Rider bluetooth system. So i will still be able to use my phone for turn by turn navigation and phone calls into my helmet, while listening to music through the speakers.

180 miles on my new XCT and counting......... cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
12v in saddlebag

I use an ipod for music AND charge my Droid phone while riding in the right saddle bag at the same time. There is a rubber plug in the corner of the bag and a 12v pos & ground wire are already stashed behing the bag from the factory... Just goto your local auto parts store & buy a 12v socket, plug it in & POOF! You're good to go... thumb up

·
Registered
21 Posts
sam dock

I just received mine plugged in and no sound looked at box and says for galaxy 2 and three I have a four my wife has a three will try it later

emailed them had a setting wrong plays butt no control

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went the reciever method off Ebay,

Search "Bluetooth A2DP Music Receiver 30pin Connector for iPod iphone"

I have a mount for my phone on my handlebars and charge from the fairing port from my XC. Works great still have access to all my phones features, music and nav. Measures about 2" x 2" x 3/8", tucks right in pocket in bag and s always ready when I turn on the key. Plays straight Aux, volume controls from both phone and handlebar switches.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

I have a mount for my phone on my handlebars and charge from the fairing port from my XC. Works great still have access to all my phones features, music and nav. Measures about 2" x 2" x 3/8", tucks right in pocket in bag and s always ready when I turn on the key. Plays straight Aux, volume controls from both phone and handlebar switches.
that's the best option yet and half the price of the bossdock 5! I just ordered one for my bike

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I bought one and I'm glad it was only $13, it's junk. Maybe I just got a bad one, this little blue tooth plug in thing works but you can clearly hear the static in the music. I tried with a couple different phones to eliminate the phone as being the cause.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I have a Samsung galaxy s4. Before I buy this item will it work with my phone and is it any good?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I've got the Dock Boss Plus and the Dock Boss Air. They both work great. I'll use both to listen to Pandora.

If I just want to listen to recorded music, I have an old Iphone plugged into the Ipod connector in the left lower of the XCT.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I did the Tune2Air. Pricey at $82 but bluetooth and I'm able to control my iphone/iPod from the handlebars.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Hi , I'm not savvy on all this extra stuff that's on my XC but I want to ask about something that happens when I'm riding listening to my playlists while cruising the town . The music will mute and the my I -phone6 plus rings thru the speakers when someone is calling in . I cant do anything but listen to the rings ,but The first time it happened I about fell off the bike. Lol ,,, What can I get to be able to answer back ? I'm not really sure if I want to do that on a 2 wheel vehicle but is there an option to get to allow that . Attached in photo is my connector that I have now only for a reference ,,, thanks. . Having a bike with a radio just makes it that much sweeter ! ?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts