Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
So correct me if I'm wrong, but you guys have found that the bluetooth set ups do display music info and control tracks for the droid?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dont think they will for droid,,,volume control only..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok yeah, keep us posted on the tune2air. If it works it may be a future purchase.

FWIW, gamestop sells used ipods and you can get one scrathed up for short money even, and get a dedicated ipod for the bike.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Ok yeah, keep us posted on the tune2air. If it works it may be a future purchase.

FWIW, gamestop sells used ipods and you can get one scrathed up for short money even, and get a dedicated ipod for the bike.
I actually grabbed my wife's old pink ipod and made it my dedicated music in the hard bag. I dig being able to make different playlists for the rides I'm going on, and with Sturgis coming up I have some work to do to get the amount of tunes I need up and running on that thing...not to mention trips to (from Vegas) Laughlin, NV; Scottsdale, AZ; Sturgis; and Lake Tahoe, NV, scheduled for this summer!

·
Registered
220 Posts

I actually grabbed my wife's old pink ipod and made it my dedicated music in the hard bag. I dig being able to make different playlists for the rides I'm going on, and with Sturgis coming up I have some work to do to get the amount of tunes I need up and running on that thing...not to mention trips to (from Vegas) Laughlin, NV; Scottsdale, AZ; Sturgis; and Lake Tahoe, NV, scheduled for this summer!
Damn I am jealous. I'm in Mass, so I'm looking forward to Americade, laconia, and the tail of the Dragon/blue ridge parkway so I too have to edit playlists

·
Registered
110 Posts

Got my Tune2air today, plugged it in and paired with my phone and started playing tunes right away. I can adjust songs from the radio controls but so far my screen just reads "prev" and "next" whereas my old iPhone when hooked up would show the song titles on my motorcycle screen display. Not sure if that is due to my android phone or how the music has been stored on my phone. Will play around with it at some point but for now it's working great!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went the reciever method off Ebay,

Search "Bluetooth A2DP Music Receiver 30pin Connector for iPod iphone"

I have a mount for my phone on my handlebars and charge from the fairing port from my XC. Works great still have access to all my phones features, music and nav. Measures about 2" x 2" x 3/8", tucks right in pocket in bag and s always ready when I turn on the key. Plays straight Aux, volume controls from both phone and handlebar switches.
I too went this route as I don't store songs on my iPhone and just listen to Pandora. For less than $15 this was an excellent purchase. Music is so much louder and clearer than just listening to the radio. Only issue I found with it is I have to sync it after I start the bike or it loses its connection. Thanks for letting me know about this lil gem!

·
Registered
209 Posts
One other issue but it just may be a setting issue that I haven't figured out yet is I had the ol lady sync her iPhone to this device and we got her songs that she has on it to play but I could not control the playlist(switch songs) with my handlebar controls.
Anyone else with one of these have that issue? No big deal to me as I previously stated I use Pandora majority of the time.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Spent a great day on the bike today, nice weather on a Saturday!! My tune2air worked great! I can manipulate songs and volume from my radio controls just don't see the song title like you can with an iPhone. Not a big deal for me, it's sure nice to just walk up to the bike, fire her up and my phone connects automatically and I got tunes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
21 - 40 of 57 Posts