Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I put one of these on the iPhone cable and Bluetooth my Note 3 to it.

http://coolstreamrocks.com/
Coast of Maine does the song titles appear in the bike display?

·
13,002 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was excited yesterday because I saw a converter for a 30 pin iPod connector that fits in my my non-android iPhone 5C. Now the problem of the iPod dropping out after a few songs should be fixed. See how I kept on topic by using the word android? Hahahahaa

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought one off eBay. It works with my Note 4, but I don't like to be able to skip tracks. If anyone wants it, it'll be in the marketplace.

·
Registered
95 Posts
What is everyone using for a handle bar mount / case? I too love my coolstream-duo-bluetooth-music-receiver. Now I get compliments on my selection of songs

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last month I switched from an iphone to a LG G3 Android and bought a Dockboss5 but it doesn't work on my '14 XC.

When I plug it into the saddlebag connection it charges my LG but no music, is there a setting I need to change or is the LG not compatible with the Dockboss even though their website says any phone will work.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Last month I switched from an iphone to a LG G3 Android and bought a Dockboss5 but it doesn't work on my '14 XC.

When I plug it into the saddlebag connection it charges my LG but no music, is there a setting I need to change or is the LG not compatible with the Dockboss even though their website says any phone will work.

Any suggestions?
Do you have the music plug-in, plugged in? I had to run one from my phone into the Dockboss.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ah man, and to think I'm the tech savvy one in my house, lol.

Thanks a lot, sound works great when the proper cables are connected...

Ringer

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ah man, and to think I'm the tech savvy one in my house, lol.

Thanks a lot, sound works great when the proper cables are connected...

Ringer
You're one step ahead of me. My 9 year old granddaughter showed me how to do it. And then she said, "gee grandpa, I thought you knew this stuff"...:smile

·
Registered
70 Posts
What is everyone using for a handle bar mount / case? I too love my coolstream-duo-bluetooth-music-receiver. Now I get compliments on my selection of songs
I just use a Ram mount X brace.

Works great, just get the right one for the size of your phone. I have never had a problem with mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys, the cable for the connector of the ipod runs outside the right saddle bag and you need to disconnect the 2 connectors to detach the saddle bag.

My question is these 2 connectors are exposed and could get wet in torrential rain. Any ideas on how to waterproof these connectors but still provide the flexibility to connect/disconnect when putting or removing the right saddle bag? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Maybe just use liberal amounts of dielectric grease (aka electrical terminal grease) on all the connectors and reapply every time you disconnect the connectors.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
219 Posts
When I use this, I get a message on my phone to use the stock cable for quicker charging. Obviously I can't do that but is there a similar unit to that in original post to provide full charging.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I put one of these on the iPhone cable and Bluetooth my Note 3 to it.

CoolStream Bluetooth Devices - CoolStream
I know this is an older thread, but it is something I was searching for. I just ordered one of these from amazon. There is a statement on the site about this adapter working on the Vic. Just thought I would share the info. 30 bucks is cheap.

·
Registered
41 Posts
[My question is these 2 connectors are exposed and could get wet in torrential rain. Any ideas on how to waterproof these connectors but still provide the flexibility to connect/disconnect when putting or removing the right saddle bag? Thanks![/QUOTE]

No need to worry about torrential downpours and the effects on the electrical iPod cables. I live in Florida, ride in the ride/leave the bike out in the rain at work without any effect on the stereo system (the inside of the handlebars, well that's a different story).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but it is something I was searching for. I just ordered one of these from amazon. There is a statement on the site about this adapter working on the Vic. Just thought I would share the info. 30 bucks is cheap.
I have the Cool Stream and it's perfect for the task. Price is right too!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts