Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm adding hard lowers to my XC on Monday and want to set my ipod up in one of the lowers cubby's instead of in my rear bag . Is this possible does anyone know , and if so what else do I need to get ? Thanks .

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I have an iPod in my hard lowers. I don't know if the hard lowers come with the iPod plug when bought separately; my bike came with the lowers and the iPod plug.

Keep in mind that it is the older style, 30-pin plug.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an iPod in my hard lowers. I don't know if the hard lowers come with the iPod plug when bought separately; my bike came with the lowers and the iPod plug.

Keep in mind that it is the older style, 30-pin plug.
That's the one in my bag that I use , do I just need a new cable for the lowers ? Where is the connection to the main harness , any idea ?
I want to pull the rear cable right out of the bike .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your existing cable can be used. You'll just have to re-route it. The main connection should be in the fairing. Once you get the cable pulled out from the bag, you should just need to route it from the fairing down to the hard lower. May need to adjust the grommet location on the cable, but that part is just a guess.
Rots a ruck my friend!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL , thanks B cheers

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
its factory mounting location is in the left lower. you will need to reroute to it, the connection is in the fairing, right now you have the extension running to the bag.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its factory mounting location is in the left lower. you will need to reroute to it, the connection is in the fairing, right now you have the extension running to the bag.
So if I have the extension now , do I need to buy a replacement shorter cable to keep it neat and tidy ? Where does the extension connect too ?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
as far as i know the ipod connector reachs the lower location without an extension. mine is run to my bars so i have my phone up there. the extension/ipod connection is in the fairing, so outer needs/should come off, the extension running to the bag runs the length of the bike, so its under the seat and tank.

·
13,262 Posts
no in between cables. Use what you have and put the extra length in fairing. Use big loops on the cable when you tie it up. Little loops might kink cable
Your smart Mags you'll get it

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm adding hard lowers to my XC on Monday and want to set my ipod up in one of the lowers cubby's instead of in my rear bag . Is this possible does anyone know , and if so what else do I need to get ? Thanks .
That's where the XC Tour has the connection.

I guess if you could find and look at the wiring schematic between the XC and the XC Tour you may see the difference?

Rots of Ruck!

Let us know what you find out?

I only know because my best friend just got a 2012' XC Tour a few days ago and I have a 2014' XC.

Also, in reference to a different thread, his wife said she's cooler with the vents closed on the lowers than with them open?

He said he's cooler with them open?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts