Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a first generation iPod on my cross country tour. While listening to music, it will sometimes change songs in the middle of a song without commanding it to change, and then some songs, it will display what the track is, but it will not play, after about 30 seconds, it will scroll through tracks and then start playing a song. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or if it may be either the iPad or bike. When not hooked up to the bike, the iPod works great. Additionally I have checked to make sure the software on the iPod is up to date.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
And if not what Sponkey says then it's probably the iPod itself failing- I have had this happen to iPods and a iPod classic over time- eventually with humidity and a few knocks they degrade and die.

·
Registered
482 Posts
On the moisture note. I have for years now used damprid on my phones and media devices. I place a one inch thick phone sized piece of polycarbonate in the center of a Tupperware container and then add damprid roughly half way up the the Polly. Store your device in it over night once a week or on particularly humid days.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ipod shake to shuffle

Not sure whats going on but I use to have my iPod mounted on my handle bars and it would change songs on me, there is a setting Shake to shuffle, make sure that is turned off. Hope this helps

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I found two issues, the rounded end on the IPOD did not allow the plug to stay in tight and (I was told) they have a traditional hard drive and the bumps make it skip around. I went to a cheap IPOD NANO and loaded my songs on it. I have not had problems since changing IPODS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts