Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I shut off my bike , whether for gas , go to store , doesn't matter , when I start it back up it just shows AUX and I have to dig the Ipod out of my bag and disconnect it and re-connect it to get it to start playing again , has done this since the first week I bought the bike . I have tried two different Ipods and does the same thing so I'm thinking definitely a bike issue . So aggravating !:mad: Has anyone had this issue and how did you correct it , I may just bring it in but would like to avoid that if possible .

·
Registered
346 Posts
I noticed mine does that too with an iPod. Never once has it happened when connected to my iPhone which I find weird.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope someone here has a fix for this , it pisses me off so bad , especially when I'm not paying attention to it and I ride off only to have to stop again to unplug and re-plug the fucking thing in again .....:mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mags,
Have not had this problem, but I'm using an old iPhone 3GS as my music machine and it always comes right back on. Ill try my wifes iPod and see what happens.
Jim

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you , I would appreciate that !cheers

·
13,188 Posts
what ipod do you have. I know ones with hard drive will lock up and crash.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what ipod do you have. I know ones with hard drive will lock up and crash.
I have the smaller flash type , no hard drive . When I shut the bike off and turn it back on , it seems the bike doesn't recognize the Ipod is there ... When I look in the bag to check it the Ipod is on .... I simply unplug it and plug it back in and it works fine , just a complete pain in the ass to keep having to do it on a fairly new bike , I might have to bite the bullet and bring it to the dealer .... Waaaaaa !

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I bought a toughscreen ipod cheap on ebay $25 with a damaged screen. Works fine and I never have to worry about reconnecting it.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought a toughscreen ipod cheap on ebay $25 with a damaged screen. Works fine and I never have to worry about reconnecting it.
What is a toughscreen ipod ?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean a touch screen ?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Jody I have a iPod and I don't have an issue with it. I'm not so sure it's a bike issue. It may be an Older generation iPod ?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mags:
It would help if we knew which version of the iPod you have. Which generation? What I think is happening is that it's timing out, turning off when you gas up. It may be a simple matter of turning the auto off function to a longer delay, which is possible on some version of the iPod.

·
13,188 Posts
maybe this will help

To find your audio hardware and software version you need to get into the Radio System Diagnostic menu on your radio. To do this, follow the instructions below.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ACC and turn the radio off (Victory Motorcycles is shown on display)
2. Turn ignition switch OFF.
3. Turn ignition switch back to ACC.
4. PRESS & HOLD the #1 preset button and MODE button while turning the radio power ON.
5. The diagnostics mode is entered. Press MODE to toggle through the diagnostic funtions. To exit diagnostics press Power button.

NOTE: A "Watchdog Error Cleared" message will occasionally appear as the first thing displayed. This can be ignored, it is an internal software notification.

6. The first screen shows the radio software (SW) & hardware (HW) revision.

7. The second screen is used to check buttons and button wiring circuts related to the radio / com. system. The display contains two lines of "Zeros". Each location corresponds to a radio button on the radio, handlebar switches, or passenger switches. A (0) represents a button not being pressed. A one (1) represents a button being pressed. If a "1" appears at an address in the upper or lower row of the radio display the button and circuit wiring are funtioning correctly.

8. The third screen shows Tuner location, which will always be set to USA.

9. The forth screen list the status of the radio amplifier.

10. The fifth screen displays vehicle speed. This can be used to test if the radio is receiving the vehicle speed CAN message from the PCM. It could also be used to test for a faulty CAN bus connection to the radio. If the speedometer is working but the radio is showing zero speed, it has no CAN connection.

11. If there are no accessories installed on the vehicle, the display will go back to the first screen. If accessories are installed, there are additional diagnostics screens for each accessory, showing the SW & HW revisions, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks fella's I will check all these things out .cheers Im not sure what version ipod I have I will check it tomorrow ...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine quits playing while riding, it just shows aux on radio screen, when i check ipod it says disconected but is still plugged in. I have to unplug ipod and turn off for a while hook it back up and it will work again. I have not found a fix for it yet. Mine also has the flash drive with small plug, i had one with a hard drive but it did not last long after using it on the bike.

·
Registered
328 Posts
When I turn my bike off it pauses the ipod. Only way to make it play when I restart the bike is to hit PLAY on the ipod. Equally frustrating :(

1 - 20 of 65 Posts