Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went for a ride several days ago and the IPod did not come on. Had to turn it on manually (by the IPod itself). Now if I stop for fuel it comes on like it did. After about 1 hour I have to turn it on manually. The IPod was purchased just for the XC, so it is almost new. checked all connectors. It seems the bike is not charging the battery.
any ideas

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay I found that the IPod is charging. Must be something with the extension or IPod plug.
When the switch is turned off the IPod turns off like normal but when the switch is turned on the IPod is not getting a signal.
Later on I will hook up the IPod with the plug directly to the connector in the fairing.
This should tell 1 of 3 things, Bad extension or radio malfunction or IPod plug.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Let us know...My Ipod started acting a little funny the other day. I have not had a chance to trouble shoot yet though.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine started last week, at first it would lose it's conductivity and go off and I would have to reset it with the controls on the bars by going to FM and then back to the IPod.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Reset IPOD to factory defaults.

While I don't run an IPod on my bike, I have had similar problems with my IPod. I believe these are known issues with the Ipod power connectivity. If you don't have your Ipod customized to a point where you don't want to change anything, try resetting it to factory defaults and see if that eliminates the problem. It fixed my IPod connectivity problem, and it might fix it for you as well. This might be a good thing to try before you go any further.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That did not work, but I did get my music like I wanted in the first place. Wednesday I will pull the fairing and hook it directly to the input.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not had any problems until my cable got caught on my belt and cut the cover and 1 wire into. soldered back together and it works good except I have to turn it on manually, by the ipod itself every time it sits for 30 minutes or so. When it turns itself off. Short stops it works fine.
I will figure it out, We have some more rain coming so I will have time Wednesday to pull the fairing and connect it directly to the connection. I am sure it is the extension.
I'm going to Birmingham tomorrow so I might see if they have 1 in stock.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I have not had any problems until my cable got caught on my belt and cut the cover and 1 wire into.
Ahhh, I agree with your suspicion then: new cable needed. Possibly the connection where you soldered is not making a good enough contact, or maybe it just doesn't conduct the same electrical impulse the wire can conduct.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahhh, I agree with your suspicion then: new cable needed. Possibly the connection where you soldered is not making a good enough contact, or maybe it just doesn't conduct the same electrical impulse the wire can conduct.
That is my thought, I went by a dealer in Pelham, al. and explained the problem. They let me have a new extension for 20% off. I will check it tomorrow. boy do these folks have some Victory's in stock.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have exhausted every avenue possible to find the problem. I have cleaned every connection, replaced the extension cable, tried a different IPod, reset the IPod, wiped it clean and started over. It's doing the same thing. The only improvement is the IPod is more sensitive, like it was when I bought it.
The only thing left is to ask this: Those that have the IPod does it come on automatically when the switch is turned on.

Other than this, looks like it needs to go the dealer to check the radio.
The service manual has no trouble shooting for the radio.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any resolution?

dirtdobber.
Did you ever fix your Ipod connection problem. My wife has a, '11 CC and everything was working fine until, like you, the cable coming out of the right bag got cut. I soldered the lines back together, and although the Ipod would play and change songs, it would not turn on automatically AS IT HAD BEFORE when switched on via the radio..., nor would it charge. I've swapped Ipods, cables, and Ipod controllers between her bike and my nearly identical '11 CC and the problem ALWAYS follows the bike. I'm thinking there is a fuse or something between the Ipod and the radio, or even internal to the raido that blew when the line was severed. An ideas would be most welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts