Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member of the forum and a brand new owner of the great Vision Tour Premium. I just plugged in my Ipod Touch this week and each time I finish with the bike for the day I have been unplugging the cable inside the tank compartment. Can anyone tell me for certain that leaving the Ipod connected with the engine off and key removed will not drain the battery?

Thanks.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm a new member of the forum and a brand new owner of the great Vision Tour Premium. I just plugged in my Ipod Touch this week and each time I finish with the bike for the day I have been unplugging the cable inside the tank compartment. Can anyone tell me for certain that leaving the Ipod connected with the engine off and key removed will not drain the battery?

Thanks.
I have the iPod Nano and leave it connected ALL the time for the past 2 years...NEVER a low battery let alone a DEAD battery...You're fine!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ray, On my new 2008 Vision it has a 3.5mm jack but no other cable. Did you have to add another cable? Where do you charge your Ipod from?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just got the MC and have not read everything yet... Yes, I am reading so no short cuts..

Bill

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ray, On my new 2008 Vision it has a 3.5mm jack but no other cable. Did you have to add another cable? Where do you charge your Ipod from?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just got the MC and have not read everything yet... Yes, I am reading so no short cuts..

Bill
Bill, to answer your question there are 2 ways to connect the iPod to the Vision...You have the 3.5 mm cable which is for Audio OUT only from the iPod to the Vision you ONLY have VOLUME control...Victory also makes an interface cable with a switch cube which then allows the rider to CONTROL the iPod from the switch cube...Change songs, change playlists, double tapping allows you to advance 10 songs in either direction (forward or backward), and it ALSO CHARGES the iPod...

Hope this answers your question...cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bill, to answer your question there are 2 ways to connect the iPod to the Vision...You have the 3.5 mm cable which is for Audio OUT only from the iPod to the Vision you ONLY have VOLUME control...Victory also makes an interface cable with a switch cube which then allows the rider to CONTROL the iPod from the switch cube...Change songs, change playlists, double tapping allows you to advance 10 songs in either direction (forward or backward), and it ALSO CHARGES the iPod...
Great answer. Just wondering, does this apply to all Visions? I knew that the new ones had the 2 options, but has it always been that way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts