Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I do know that with the Visions you cannot use the hard drive models. Since the X bikes share the same frame I would suggest the same.

Something about the harmonics of the bike and frame would destroy the hard drives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You need a 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation Ipod Nano. The nanos have flash memory (no moving parts). any other Ipod (with moving parts hard drives) will eventuall fail on you due to the vibration coming from the bike.

why 1st-3rd generation and not 4th? :confused: Glad you asked. thumb up

The 4th generation ipods (Nanos, Itouch etc) have a different charging scheme. Although these 4th gen units will probably work, they will not charge while plugged into the ipod audio harness.

I have a 2 gb nano that I found on craigslist for $25 and it sounds BETTER than the radio. With the right selection of music on your ipod, you wont really needed XM.

Once you get your ipod nano, break all your music down into playlists. The Vic will show artist, playlists, songs but NOT genres. I have all my music broken down into playlists and it's a breeze tuning into what I'm in the mood to listen to.

The Blue Knight :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't have to go with an iPod nano. Any iPod 1-3 gen without hard drive will work fine, including iPhone, and iTouch. Just to clarify.-----Metalguy;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
xr mewbie question

Just brought my new xc home the brocher says it ipod ready but for the life of me i cant see anywhere to hook up an ipod . Do you need to buy an adaptor or something and wire it into the bike somewhere or am i missing something.:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
you need to buy 2 cables ($150) and ipod stays in right side bag.
the good part is it stays charged and is controled by radio controls with song displayed on dash .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just brought my new xc home the brocher says it ipod ready but for the life of me i cant see anywhere to hook up an ipod . Do you need to buy an adaptor or something and wire it into the bike somewhere or am i missing something.:confused:
Need to get the IPOD integration harness. This will have the cable needed to playback the ipod via the xc audio system. When installed, the cable will be inside the saddlebag.

It will (as mentioned) charge up your ipod as well.

It is well worth the money. The radio reception is nothing to run home to but my ipod ROCKS!!! The sound is great.

All you need to do is create your playlist via Itunes. From the control cubes, you can control the ipod volume, playlist, songs etc.

Congrads on your new XC!!

:cool: The Blue Knight

·
Registered
39 Posts
I actually am using a 20G Ipod classic. I have had it for years and the earpiece is intermittent and since my wife upgraded me to a 160G classic for father's day I use that for my work vehicle and use my old one for my CC. I have put 5000 miles on my CC and Ipod since I got my 2011 CC back in July. Besides it locking up and forcing me to reset the Ipod every once in awhile it works great. If the harddrive goes out, so be it. At least I will get some use out of it in the meanwhile. I like to set my Ipod to shuffle mode before attaching it to my CC so I have a large variety of music to listen to while riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts