Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what generation of ipod works the best in conjunction with the XC? I have an OLD classic, and it charges, and plays songs, but I can only control it by the ipod and not by the xc controls. It just displays AUX. I've been told it's because it's too old. Anyone? TIA

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You will need the iPod cord (part no. 2877195) and the extension cord (part no. 2877197). Both of them will work with all iPod
generations including the iTouch and iPhone.

The first cords they made available were only working with the new generation
of iPods/iPhones/iTouch but it would not charge the battery. They've rectified this problem by releasing the above mentioned cords, which will work across all Ipod/Ipad/Iphone versions, including charing the devices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will need the iPod cord (part no. 2877195) and the extension cord (part no. 2877197). Both of them will work with all iPod
generations including the iTouch and iPhone.

The first cords they made available were only working with the new generation
of iPods/iPhones/iTouch but it would not charge the battery. They've rectified this problem by releasing the above mentioned cords, which will work across all Ipod/Ipad/Iphone versions, including charing the devices.
No sir, you are incorrect. As stated in my original post, my old classic ipod doesn't work correctly. I have the cord and ext.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have an Ipod Touch and it works great. Once in a while it will seem to take a little longer to start up, but my GF would tell you that I am just being impatient.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
IPOD Classic

I also have the IPOD Classic and I am able to control it just fine. When I purchased the IPOD extension my dealer updated my software for my computer. I was told it had to have the latest version for it to work correctly.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I also have the IPOD Classic and I am able to control it just fine. When I purchased the IPOD extension my dealer updated my software for my computer. I was told it had to have the latest version for it to work correctly.
Could you be a little more specific.

·
Registered
63 Posts
When I bought my IPOD Extension for my CC, the dealer stated that the Radio system software should be updated on the bike to get the best perfomance for the IPOD. I believe it even stated that in the instructions that came with the extension.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts