Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my 14th IBA ride and the 5th IBA ride this year. The Wisconsin 1000.
1053 miles in 20 hours 48 minutes. The ride also included a stop at Victory's birthplace.

The extra challenge was that 75% of this ride was done on two-lane highways with a lot of small towns with 25 mph speed limits.

More detail and pictures here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924882

·
Registered
608 Posts
This was my 14th IBA ride and the 5th IBA ride this year. The Wisconsin 1000.
1053 miles in 20 hours 48 minutes. The ride also included a stop at Victory's birthplace.

The extra challenge was that 75% of this ride was done on two-lane highways with a lot of small towns with 25 mph speed limits.

More detail and pictures here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924882

Rollin how the hell do you do it?
How do you stay awake?
How do you stop from getting sore neck ect?

Your the man dude.
thumb up

Edit
Just looked at your motion pics....... Very nice... You were very dehydrated .. Wow..

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
That's easy Rob....it's the new Victory autopilot feature. It senses the traffic....all you have to do is wake up for fuel stops. Seriously, those are some impressive accomplishments. Especially with the small towns thrown in. I have completed 3 IB's, but mostly riding interstates or highways. My first was on my Vulcan 900. Doing it on my CCT almost felt like cheating. :cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Did 6k in 12 days earlier this year, I'm sure some of it would have qualified since we has some 850 days that started at 9:00 am and we had another 200 in by 9:00 am the next day, 1st day was 925 miles in 17 hours, tried to get the boys to finish the 1k but they wussed out on me, I love long ride days

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Got to get up that way next year. Great lookin ride Rollin, will be riding in the IBA memorial ride period at the end of the month. Was talking with another IbA ride this morning and its pretty cool talking about kicking out 1000 plus like a day ride. Oh wait, it is a day ride. Lol

Safe ridin

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rollin how the hell do you do it?
How do you stay awake?
How do you stop from getting sore neck ect?

Your the man dude.
thumb up

Edit
Just looked at your motion pics....... Very nice... You were very dehydrated .. Wow..
How? Not really sure but I haven't had any problems staying awake and no problems with pain. I really enjoy riding at night.
It could be I have a little truck driver blood, my dad was an "over the road" truck driver since before I was born.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's easy Rob....it's the new Victory autopilot feature. It senses the traffic....all you have to do is wake up for fuel stops. Seriously, those are some impressive accomplishments. Especially with the small towns thrown in. I have completed 3 IB's, but mostly riding interstates or highways. My first was on my Vulcan 900. Doing it on my CCT almost felt like cheating. :cool:
Thank you!
The small towns did add a lot of time and required a lot of patience!

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Long ride and you're still smiling! Looking good. thumb up cheers
H026.jpg

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got to get up that way next year. Great lookin ride Rollin, will be riding in the IBA memorial ride period at the end of the month. Was talking with another IbA ride this morning and its pretty cool talking about kicking out 1000 plus like a day ride. Oh wait, it is a day ride. Lol

Safe ridin
Yep! Just a day ride. :)

Good luck on your ride!!! cheers

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Always Enjoy hearing about another IB by Rollin .. Might even try it one day before am 65 Just figured out my Run to the Ozarks this coming May is 1039 Miles .. Maybe, but no guarantees .. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Heck Joe, register with the IBA and at least find out if you will qualify.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts