1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Your adventures never cease to amaze.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Incredible! The first video, off-road was awesome. I definitely see why you put that big knobby tire on there! I can't believe that hitting that deer really didn't do that much damage considering the speed you hit it at. Out of curiosity, how many total miles do you have on the vision? If there was a picture of the total miles in your write up, I missed it

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Incredible! The first video, off-road was awesome. I definitely see why you put that big knobby tire on there! I can't believe that hitting that deer really didn't do that much damage considering the speed you hit it at. Out of curiosity, how many total miles do you have on the vision? If there was a picture of the total miles in your write up, I missed it
Thank you!

The Shinko 700 Series worked great in the dirt and mud. It even worked well on the pavement and in the rain, but it was LOUD at 80 mph.:)

My Vision has about 52,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Vic Fan, if you want to do an IBA ride you don't need much time. A typical weekend away from work is more than enough. If you are doing the SS1000 you don't even need to spend money on a room. Just plan a route to get you those 1000 miles in under 24 hours and go ride and document a round trip. That will get you your first IBA certification. It is something I consider every time I visit my dad who lives over 1000 miles away. Do I want to really ride home in a single stretch? If so how would I document it? There is no magic here, just common sense.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I can't wait till I retire and do some of these long rides!
Along the lines of what Oldman said, you don't need a lot of time. If you plan a SS1000 on roads with highway speed limits and manage to avoid any rush hour type traffic, you will probably finish in about 18 hours. Have an early breakfast, leave at 5am, take an hour break for lunch, and arrive back home in time for a late dinner around 11pm. You only need a day. Though it might be a good idea to have the next day off to recover, depending on how your body holds up to the ride. :D

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Always enjoy reading these .. Did a 2,000 mile Trek in 5 days 700 each way up to Lexington and 600 More running around the area .. Plan was to have 40,000 miles on my XC when returned home, but with the weather so bad and rainy, pulled into my garage 200 miles short of that goal .. Will have it next time Ride out .. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So Rollin what sort of fitness and diet regime are you on? Please share it! Mighty effort mate.
I have a treadmill, elliptical machine, recumbent bike, weights and a sit-up bench.
I was doing 60 sit-ups a day for months before the 49 state ride. I think the back strength helps on the long days.

I haven’t been using the equipment as much lately but I should be. Starting to feel my age!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm hoping that I can complete two more IBA rides.

The IBA has a Mile Eater Gold certificate if you complete 20 rides!

·
Registered
61 Posts
leave at 5am, take an hour break for lunch, and arrive back home in time for a late dinner around 11pm.
Thank you, I think I'll start with this idea.

Don't wait too long. Getting older doesn't make these rides easier!
LOL you are absolutely right!

So I just need my CP for pics and my helmet mounted Contour for vids. I don't have bags on the hammer so anything if I bring anything else it would have to be in my backpack.

Thanks again guys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts