Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new XR with 1000 miles. At one point the RPM'S were at about 750 and sounded like it wanted to stall. I had stopped for gas and when started back up it was fine. Later the same day after a stopp I had turned the key on and forgot to get something out of my bag and shut the key off without actually starting it. When situated, I turned the key back on and the RPM'S were racing to 1500 and would not come back down. I travelled across a parking lot and the RPM's were still racing. I shut the bike off and let it set for a couple of seconds as if rebooting a computer and when I started it back up it has run fine ever since. Is this an issue?, common? Did I do the right thing and the computer needs the reboot or something? Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
This has happened to my bike once or twice , and also it was fairly new at the time .... It hasn't happened again , but I know exactly what you mean . If the check engine light never came on , I wouldn't really worry too much . Unless it happens while at the dealer , they will just tell you nothing is wrong / no problem found .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Also , check and make sure your battery terminals are good and tight ....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Wow...my XR cold idles at 11-1200 RPM and hot idles at 900. Always. I've never experienced this issue.

+1 on the battery terminals, because reports indicate when they're loose you can have all sort of crazy symptoms. But if it persists, I'd certainly be giving someone a call.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine had a few experiences like that when I was dealing with the bad Power Commander. After the new PC came in it hasn't happened since. If your bike is stock though then I have nothing useful to add. My terminals were tightened and my circuit breaker replaced with an aftermarket when mine did it so I know those didn't play a part in my experience

1 - 6 of 6 Posts