Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at finally buying the Vision I have been dreaming of since they came out. It is a 2010 Limited Edition and priced 500 over blue book. Is their a positive or a negative (i.e body parts availability) or a positive (i.e. only 100 made). From what I read it is not a whole lot different other than some trim and color. It does have reveres and that is what I am after since my short legged wife will also be riding the bike.

Any thoughts on a price of $10500. I am still waiting for the mileage which I am suspicious of since it was not listed.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
The mileage will make a significant difference in price. Prices are all over the place on the Vision's from $7k to $12k depending on year and mileage.

Can you do a search and find an image of the one you're looking at and post it?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
How much?

Personally I would not give them 10K for it. Maybe 5K if the mileage is low. Less if it is high mileage. Unless that is "the" bike you just got to have. They are going to get harder and harder to get parts for. Also going across country if you have a problem it is going to get harder to find anybody to work on it, if you can not fix it yourself. Personally I work on my bike myself, but I do not carry all of my tools on trips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mileage will make a significant difference in price. Prices are all over the place on the Vision's from $7k to $12k depending on year and mileage.

Can you do a search and find an image of the one you're looking at and post it?

I don't see much in the photo that will tell much more than the fact that it is one of the limited editions or so they claim. I will ask what number it is and see if they can figure it out. It will include the tour pack/trunk.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
It looks brand new and a fair price depending on mileage. One thing caught my eye; the fringe on the floorboards, at least to my eye, clash with the futuristic style of the Vision. Not knocking it for anyone else; just that it looks odd to me. Also it's a 2011; not 2010. It matters.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
I am looking at finally buying the Vision I have been dreaming of since they came out. It is a 2010 Limited Edition and priced 500 over blue book. Is their a positive or a negative (i.e body parts availability) or a positive (i.e. only 100 made). From what I read it is not a whole lot different other than some trim and color. It does have reveres and that is what I am after since my short legged wife will also be riding the bike.

Any thoughts on a price of $10500. I am still waiting for the mileage which I am suspicious of since it was not listed.
In my zip code a 2010 two tone Vision Tour has a Low Retail of $6125 and a High Retail of $8060. Which means a Trade In likely around $4800. What makes this one 'special"? Is it the Ness version? If so, the numbers go to; $6785 and $8930.

The added problem with the Vision is they sold in such low numbers. Plus Polaris stopped any and all development on them long before they closed Victory.

Me, I wouldn't worry a wit about finding service 'on the road' now versus 18 months ago. Victory never had a great dealer network before they were shut down and that didn't stop anyone from traveling. Besides, a well sorted Victory can easily go well over 300K miles without ever seeing a dealer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my zip code a 2010 two tone Vision Tour has a Low Retail of $6125 and a High Retail of $8060. Which means a Trade In likely around $4800. What makes this one 'special"? Is it the Ness version? If so, the numbers go to; $6785 and $8930.

The added problem with the Vision is they sold in such low numbers. Plus Polaris stopped any and all development on them long before they closed Victory.

Me, I wouldn't worry a wit about finding service 'on the road' now versus 18 months ago. Victory never had a great dealer network before they were shut down and that didn't stop anyone from traveling. Besides, a well sorted Victory can easily go well over 300K miles without ever seeing a dealer.
This is intersting, one I suspect it has badge saying its a limited edition model but it actually is not since its a 2011 and I don't see the logo along the saddle bag. I'll keep this pricing info in mind and do some more checking. I have looked on Searchtempist/craigslist and cycle trader. Prices do range but I have not seen any listed much below $7000.

As far as service goes that is an issue but I have been riding a 1988 venture royal since 1991 and its been to a dealership only once a long long time ago before the internet support network was available. These days I can get help replacing diodes on circuit boards used parts are available cheaper than ever. There are even a few guys making replacement parts and upgrades. I suspect I will have this Vision for a long time and will do most of my own maintenance and repairs so the lack of dealer support and parts is not necessarily an issue with me. More a concern with present day value. I am expecting the price to drop for the next 5 year faster than it would otherwise. Will the bike ever go up in value, maybe. I just sold my 82 cbx for $6500 after owning it since 1985. Why? because it was different. Not necessarily better just different. Will the Vision ever be more valuable because it is different, maybe. Unfortunately the Venture is not worth more but in that case, it just fits me so dam good and I liked it so dam much that I have not been able to justify replacing it.

Has anyone noticed some Visions seem more solid than others. I felt a couple older ones felt like the rubber mounting made them feel loose. While a newer one I rode felt much more solid. Did the feel of these bike improve such that you could feel the difference between say a 2009 and 2014.

https://images.craigslist.org/01616_gN2bYAImNfl_600x450.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
It thinks its an indian with those fringes!:eek....doesnt do it any favours

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
The badge saying "Limited Edition" is in an odd place to my eye. It kinda messes with the air flow dynamics where it is. I only mention this because I wonder if it's hiding something like a big gash. Probably not; but it is one of those things that make me go hmmmm....

To get specific answers about the Vision model you will probably want to post the questions in the Vision section of the forum to get the best answers. Lots of Vision riders here who never pay attention to this section at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The badge saying "Limited Edition" is in an odd place to my eye. It kinda messes with the air flow dynamics where it is. I only mention this because I wonder if it's hiding something like a big gash. Probably not; but it is one of those things that make me go hmmmm....

To get specific answers about the Vision model you will probably want to post the questions in the Vision section of the forum to get the best answers. Lots of Vision riders here who never pay attention to this section at all.
Good points, and I agree that it is likely the dealership is playing dumb and I will do what I can to make the salesman fess up and then see what he is really willing to sell the bike for.

I tried posting on the other page under the Vision forum but it the site would not let me. I will try again.

And the fringe is tacky suggesting the previous owner might have put the emblem on to cover damage.

·
13,247 Posts
Anniversary model vision never had the phony badge on it. It was red with black bottom.
They had a chrome badge on the front valance just above the headlight and one on the pannel in front of the seat. That should tell you what number it is. A vision is like any other vic travel all you want and if it brakes down you'll find all you need except body parts. By the way they only made 100 anniversary vision model and all 100 sold in 7 minutes.

https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale/victory-10th-anniversary-victory-vision

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Unless the title says Limited on it, I'd be cautious. Anyone who puts fringe on a Vision is capable of tossing a badge on the tank and fender that it never came with new. If you buy it, give the damn thing a haircut ASAP.

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Oh man! those fringes (or whatever you want to call them) make it look awful. I also agree something is not right with the badging stating its a limited edition. the placement of the ones on the mirrors dont work there at all.

·
Registered
538 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2010 Limited Edition value

A dealership has a bike for sale that is made to look like a Limited Edition. I know believe it is not but I still have the question.

Is the Limited Edition worth more in light of todays prices ect. I just want one with reverse and a cb and not in one of their really bad colors.

Also has anyone notice the rubber mounting system getting soft with age. I rode one older bike that felt loose. The newer one I just drove felt very solid. Anyone have a similar experience. It could have been tires and pressure but the handle bars just felt poorly attached. It was a 2009 I think. The newer one was I think a 2012 or newer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts