Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 X-1, but it is in Daytona, and I'm stuck in DC; I'm planning to go down and get it in exactly one month from today, but already "jonesing" for it!

KevinL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to ask about the most popular / first done mods; thinking about drilling the baffles out, adding a Lloyds air filter and ATS; probably go for some pipes down the road.
I'm also curious about the Witch doctor's luggage rack that mounts under the seat - anyone have any insights on it?

Thx,
KevinL

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
1 month is not a klong wait, .... I have to wait 6 months for my numberplate, and that's also no problem

Most mods you can see in my or others signatures, note that it takes 3000 miles to brake in that engine, then just do all mods at once

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
13,177 Posts
Howdee
go slow on what parts to get. Most rush into parts then find something better.
look on craigslist you might fins mufflers there and more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys; VJ - you're correct about not rushing into it, however there a few basic mods that can be accomplished that should stand the test of time. Andre - thanks for the advice on the break-in period - I hadn't given that much thought! My other bikes are at 51K and 40K, so I'm hoping to get through the break-in period this summer.

Thx!
KevinL

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Doesn't the X1 come with the Tri-Oval exhaust?? I'm not sure there's any baffles to drill out. I run Tri-Ovals(off of de-cattted pipes) and luv the sound.
The X1 is kick-ass rolling off the showroom floor but an upgrade to a Lloydz AF with an ATS, 1/4 turn throttle ring, a Power-Commander and a good dyno tuning will wake it all the way up! thumb up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts