Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all understand the danger of the limiting of free speech, but is hate speech free speech? We all have differing opinions, but are opinions that incite hate, promote discrimination, and violence protected under the first amendment or are we hiding behind it as an excuse to stereotype, defame and isolate a specific segments or groups.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You should have put this in the lounge forum , I sense some cursing and explicit language on the horizon :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Boy, this is a slippery slope. Nothing makes me crazier than the fanatically nuts that protest a fallen soldier on their return home, but that's their right to free speech just like its mine to say they are f-in a-holes. It would only be a matter of time before some politician twisted the first amendment to suit their own agenda if there were exceptions.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I agree! This belongs somewhere else.

As for HATE...

You carry it, it is heavy, and it will eat you alive like cancer and very well could develop into cancer.

Whether you verbally espouse it, express it over the internet, or keep it bottled inside, HATE destroys joy, peace, and lives. Never ever give IT a handle or an open door!!! You will ultimately suffer the most.

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey, I cleaned it up some

·
Registered
471 Posts
Like I tell my kids, hate requires an effort, if I don't like you, you're not worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Obama hates white people even though he is half white , Republicans , Christians , America , Isreal , Capitalists , The Rich , The middle Class , Anyone he didn't garner a vote from , Congress , Our Military and Veterans and Fox News . Every time he opens his mouth , Hate spews from it and he is free to do it , I imagine so are us peasants .

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Obama hates white people even though he is half white , Republicans , Christians , America , Isreal , Capitalists , The Rich , The middle Class , Anyone he didn't garner a vote from , Congress , Our Military and Veterans and Fox News . Every time he opens his mouth , Hate spews from it and he is free to do it , I imagine so are us peasants .
I could easily substitute "most Portlanders" in place of Obama and add to that "fossil fuels and anything that consumes them."

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I don't hate Obama. I just don't feel that he has any redeeming qualities.

Don't be misguided by what he represents. Lady's and gentlemen, he represents the sentiments of the American people who desire their leader to be a reflection of themselves. Of course this does not place all Americans in the same box. But, you must reconcile that this is the direction of this country. The leaders of yesteryear no longer fit the requirements.

You must now embrace everything that was once fodder, rubbish, the stench of reprobation and indecency. We have become a nation of white is black. Wrong is right. Bad is good. God is dead. Morality is whatever you want it to be.

God help our children!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't hate Obama. I just don't feel that he has any redeeming qualities.

Don't be misguided by what he represents. Lady's and gentlemen, he represents the sentiments of the American people who desire their leader to be a reflection of themselves. Of course this does not place all Americans in the same box. But, you must reconcile that this is the direction of this country. The leaders of yesteryear no longer fit the requirements.

You must now embrace everything that was once fodder, rubbish, the stench of reprobation and indecency. We have become a nation of white is black. Wrong is right. Bad is good. God is dead. Morality is whatever you want it to be.

God help our children!
I agree with you, wholeheartedly, DP!

·
Registered
399 Posts
You are free to say whatever you want but you are not free from repercussions of those statements.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Dill, I can not dispute what you wrote and it is so sad to have seen this happen. As an old timer, I have witnessed my country go from one that rolls up its sleeves and gets the job done, to one that is content to let others, namely the government do it for them. And that has got to be the most expensive and inefficient way to do anything. If we keep trending like this, America will be doomed to living under another's control.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Just ask Donald Trump!
A lot of his statements are true , I'm personally tired of Illegals flooding in our Southern borders:mad: . You want to come here , do it by the book , or don't do it . Like or dislike Trump , he is telling it like it is and not pussyfooting around like a life long politician worried about his base turning on him . Lock down the borders NOW .

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
A lot of his statements are true , I'm personally tired of Illegals flooding in our Southern borders:mad: . You want to come here , do it by the book , or don't do it . Like or dislike Trump , he is telling it like it is and not pussyfooting around like a life long politician worried about his base turning on him . Lock down the borders NOW .

Lock down the borders and start hauling people out that don't belong! Our Stephen Harper has got our borders on lock down and has started shipping people back to the Middle East!!!! Now all the bleeding heart faggots have there panties in a bunch.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Lock down the borders and start hauling people out that don't belong! Our Stephen Harper has got our borders on lock down and has started shipping people back to the Middle East!!!! Now all the bleeding heart faggots have there panties in a bunch.
Wish we were doing that here , but we don't want to upset anybody .:ltr: Our Government don't care that rapists and murderers are flooding in illegally , as long as they vote democrat .:mad:

·
Registered
611 Posts
You are free to say whatever you want but you are not free from repercussions of those statements.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
This, 100%. ANY limit to free speech is a chance for free speech to die. Hate speech is an awful thing and there should be consequences but define "hate". It could be easily argued that speaking out for gay rights is "hate" speech against certain religions. Or that saying blue is the best color in the world is "hate" against females. Regardless of your views on politics or color coordination everyone is granted the right to voice their opinions. Should those opinions prove inflammatory (and really, what opinion isn't these days) than the speaker must deal with the consequences but that doesn't mean they don't have the right to say it in the first place.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
In light of all the previous comments, explain this: If the Confederate flag represents something hateful and must be removed from our sight, then why is it OK to defile our US flag by calling that protected free speech. Try doing that while WWII was raging and see what happens to you. That is just one example of the change I have seen in this country.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts