Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dealer claims victory we be releasing a new motor soon. Water cooled big motor with 140hp claims. Maybe by end of the year? anyone else heard any rumors?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
We should all know by now Ma Vic is very close to the vest with her new stuff and we will see it only when she wants us to. But I know some of you are going to continue to speculate anyway.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Your dealer is probably wrong. Wouldn't the new engine have to be registered with the EPA? If you can find information on that, that would be better proof.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my dealer claims victory we be releasing a new motor soon. Water cooled big motor with 140hp claims. Maybe by end of the year? anyone else heard any rumors?
I selfishly hope not as I was thinking about buying a magnum or cross country soon. I would hate to miss out on something great by buying too early. On the other hand, I'm not so sure about Vic's new direction.

Makes me wonder is this engine supposed to be a v-twin or some other configuration. I'm guessing to keep with the octane it will be a twin.

I'm a cruiser/vtwin guy and if Vic moves away from the style of bike they make now too much I don't know if I'd stay with the brand. Of course if they would make a v rod style twin and put in in a magnum frame, I'd be the first to buy it.

I love this exhaust note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEoREHxmX2g

and this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-W42OAqHM

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I've seen that before. All I was saying is that the water-cooled v rod can sound good in my opinion, unlike some of the water cooled metrics.

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Reactions: visionjohnny

·
13,263 Posts
I worked for a Harley dealer for sometime and they never heard anything from head quarters till the very last min when they were change something or a new model. I know a couple guys that work on the assembly line and they say nothing cause they want to keep there job. I don't think Vic is any different. Didn't Vic just come out with a new motor and its not 140 horse

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
I worked for a Harley dealer for sometime and they never heard anything from head quarters till the very last min when they were change something or a new model. I know a couple guys that work on the assembly line and they say nothing cause they want to keep there job. I don't think Vic is any different. Didn't Vic just come out with a new motor and its not 140 horse
Well its not yet but Im sure with the right mods it could easy put out in excess of 140 ponies

Reactions: RICZ
1 - 12 of 12 Posts