Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one on this forum , That , every time I touch my bike or do something mechanical I end up scratching something on it ??? It never fails ...:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Am I the only one on this forum , That , every time I touch my bike or do something mechanical I end up scratching something on it ??? It never fails ...:mad:
You are not alone. Sometimes I touch my bike and scratch my ass if its itchy.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Its just you....I don't have one single scratch on my bike....:ltr:

yeah right......:D

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scratches are just part of it. If you don't want to get any more scratches on your bike your just going to stop riding it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I guess truer words were never spoken .... I cant seem to look at this thing without something bad happening to the finish .... Although , I guess its better that I scratch it , that way I don't have to shoot anybody .:D

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Yea it happens a lot it seems.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Are we talking surface scratches that can be polished out, or deep gouges that have you turning the air blue?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
The Victory clear coat is weak to say the least. My Kawi's never had any issues. One of the best things I've purchased recently is the Maguires DA polisher that connects to your drill, I tell ya it works amazing!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I can't do much of anything around any of my vehicles without something happening to the paint. It used to drive me crazy but the older I get the more I am able to shrug it off (but still digs at me).

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I scratched my freaking exhaust using a T-square measure when I was trying to take a photo to show the gap between the swing arm and the 300mm tyre.......
But, it's only a hairline scratch and I've touched it up, and because I've bottomed out on the exhaust I dont really care anyway.....

That should make you feel better :D

On top of that, when I first got the bike I stripped some of the engine paint off around the engine fins when using my pressure cleaner- seems that engine paint is quite soft. I've touched that up too but it's not quite the same- need to get that speckled engine paint matched at some stage.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Having a large variety of enamel paints on standby with heaps of various brushes is also a good trick. The only colour I haven’t matched is the speckled engine paint and my orange/red body paint.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put a dig in my new exhaust , I'm pissed , its in an obscure place though ... But I know its there . I will say , no way in hell will I drag these pipes .... Pics going up on my winter mods post soon .

·
13,242 Posts
Go to walmart and buy rubber gloves pick up some wide masking tape. Now the wife can strap you down and she can go have fun

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Nope. Just you. ;)

I think the paint finally hardened up on mine because it went through a few summers of being 130 degrees in the garage. Less hot when I was out and about on them.

I've often thought it would be a good idea to take the tins and side covers to a painter to have a few layers of clear coat put on to preserve the stock paint on a new bike. Maybe an older one if the paint doesn't eventually harden up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice deep scratch in the top of my tank from the first time I pulled the tank off during my first week of ownership. Hit the bottom of the cruise control bracket as I was sliding it off. Too deep to buff out. Stares at me every time I ride it…

Been good since then though! :eek:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts